Subject: I need your help at Gencon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
Many (many) years ago, I played L5R somewhat regularly with a group of people in my area who played several CCGs (Magic, L5R, Netrunner, Doomtown). That group died out, sadly leaving me with some L5R cards and no one to play with.

Flash forward to Gencon 2011. I randomly had a chance to play a game of L5R against a friend. I really had no idea that the game was still in existence, so it was really cool to try it again.

I then resolved to sign up for an L5R event at some Gencon in the future, but 2012 saw me missing a large portion of Gencon and 2013... had its own issues.

Anyway, here we are at 2014 and I signed up for an L5R event. I sat down this morning, pulled out some of my old starters, and started to refresh myself on the rules... and I was lost.

Are there any L5R players who are going to Gencon and could give me a good refresher course on Wednesday morning, afternoon, or evening? I'd be happy to teach a game to you in exchange - I am an old hand at Android: Netrunner, for example.

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PM sent!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
Portugal
Porto
Porto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have fun at the tournament guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
properplay wrote:
Have fun at the tournament guys!

Thanks. I don't expect to do too well, but I just want a chance to play some L5R with enthusiastic people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.