Summoner Wars» Forums » General

Subject: Saella vs Duke Ramazall rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex W8er
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Today I built a 'Precise' deck just for fun and I decided to put (of course) Saella and Duke Ramazall into it.
Looking at these two Champions I noticed that they have the same Attack Value, Summon Cost, Range and Special Ability but Duke has 6 Life Points and Saella only 5.

So I'm wondering if any of you guys can tell me if there is a reason that they both cost 6 Magic but Saella is 'weaker' than Duke?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christy
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My only thought is that Saella is a mercenary. In a subtle way I think the game rewards using the units (especially champs) from your own faction instead of bringing in a merc.

edit: http://www.plaidhatgames.com/sum_forums/showthread.php?2654-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
There might also be some deck balancing calculation at work too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex W8er
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh cool, thanks a lot!
That does make sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeyhandz wrote:
There might also be some deck balancing calculation at work too.

Yes, I read this or heard it on a podcast, but someone from PHG said its about balance, due to mercs being used in other decks, there must be a card that combos far too strong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Magno
Argentina
flag msg tools
Mercenaries are by design and should be, more costly than normal units as you can fill holes in some decks weakness and do particulary nasty combos.
Some people use Saella for example in oldin, since she combos well with heroic Feat.

Sadly that is not always the case that mercenaries are undercosted.

Stone golem is considered a great unit even for non mercenary standards and thus all decks that arenĀ“t supposed to have effective though units can use stone golems. And show exactly what happens when you make mercenaries good. They pop up in too many decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.