Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Magoulis
United States
Safety Harbor
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The wooden pieces from the Polish edition are available for purchase separately on the Portal site. I also picked up a printed version of the Livingstone scenario and stickers for the wooden pieces, which weren't previously available. Maybe Ignacy will throw a telescope and some candy in there too!

http://portalgames.pl/shop/index.php?route=product/category&...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
Be aware, though, that wooden pieces are PL, so you might want to wait for international version.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
You fell for that? Shame, shame :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksandar Licul
Austria
Krems an der Donau
Niederösterreich
flag msg tools
We need support for German version of the game (by Pegasus Spiele)!

I cannot believe that there is so little love for us here, so many of those promos and mini-expansions are released and all of 'em are for English version only; Trait Cards I & II, Beast Cards, Sailor Character, Beach Cards!

I am feeling somehow penalized and thus sorry for getting it, since with all those extras that are incompatible with German version, it feels like game we have is incomplete.

EDIT: Of course this is not about wooden pieces and stickers; but about other additions to the game (which are all language dependent)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woah!

That was by far the quickest I've gone from NEWS -> E-SHOP -> CART -> PAYMENT

Uhr78 wrote:
We need support for German version of the game (by Pegasus Spiele)!

I cannot believe that there is so little love for us here, so many of those promos and mini-expansions are released and all of 'em are for English version only; Trait Cards I & II, Beast Cards, Sailor Character, Beach Cards!

I am feeling somehow penalized and thus sorry for getting it, since with all those extras that are incompatible with German version, it feels like game we have is incomplete.

While translation problems may be an issue, at least some of those promos are language-independent. and you can translate-cut-sleeve on top of the promos that are not, there isn't too much text on anything other than the scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
Uhr78 wrote:

Whoa, dude.
Careful what you say out there.

So you feel that there is so little love that we working for the German publisher did NOT rework and rewrite the WHOLE rulebook just for the German edition? That we didn't work on the (upcoming) expansion to even make that one a little clearer. It is pretty awesome as is, but still, we put our best effort into it, to GIVE YOU what we could.
So we did not translate the 7th scenario (King Kong) for you?

Newsflash, buddy:
- Trait Cards I were a PORTAL ONLY special at the first Essen fair where Robinson premiered
- Trait Cards II were a TOM VASEL KICKSTARTER ONLY
- Beast Cards were a PORTAL ONLY special when the expansion premiered
- Sailor character and Beach Cards were "Boardgames that tell Stories" KICKSTARTER specials, made available through the Portal website afterwards...

IF Pegasus gains the rights to translate/publish these items, most likely they will. And you will be able to get them.
Until then, get over yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksandar Licul
Austria
Krems an der Donau
Niederösterreich
flag msg tools
YOU didn't do anything for ME, I PAID this service (translation of Rulebook, and in general German version of the game)!

Newsflash!
Yeah we all know those extras were not for Pegasus edition, but that doesn't mean that RC German and RC English are 2 different games; and they shouldn't be. Money is money, no matter if those are USD, GBP or EUR, and we all supported equally publishers AND developers of games, and as such there should be equal support of customers. Otherwise just publish only English version, it will save so many people of feeling "punished" for supporting the product that will be less supported than maybe some other language editions. I would buy then English one, I guess...
My hope is that Pegasus gets rights, mostly that is why I am "complaining".

Until then, I suggest You should listen to Your own advice and: "get over yourself"!

Dumon wrote:
Uhr78 wrote:

Whoa, dude.
Careful what you say out there.

So you feel that there is so little love that we working for the German publisher did NOT rework and rewrite the WHOLE rulebook just for the German edition? That we didn't work on the (upcoming) expansion to even make that one a little clearer. It is pretty awesome as is, but still, we put our best effort into it, to GIVE YOU what we could.
So we did not translate the 7th scenario (King Kong) for you?

Newsflash, buddy:
- Trait Cards I were a PORTAL ONLY special at the first Essen fair where Robinson premiered
- Trait Cards II were a TOM VASEL KICKSTARTER ONLY
- Beast Cards were a PORTAL ONLY special when the expansion premiered
- Sailor character and Beach Cards were "Boardgames that tell Stories" KICKSTARTER specials, made available through the Portal website afterwards...

IF Pegasus gains the rights to translate/publish these items, most likely they will. And you will be able to get them.
Until then, get over yourself.

EDIT: Minor corrections, sorry...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm.
You understand what Promo tiles mean?
And you cried out because you mean you didn't get enough love from the German publisher?

Really?

There is a difference in getting the game, and getting extras. You got the same game, and it was even reworked to make it more accessible. We did that so that you could enjoy it more. Not you especially, but the generalized "you" - the customers...

Promo material will most certainly be made available if Portal decides that Pegasus can publish it. This has nothing to do with Pegasus denying you "love", as you so aptly put it.

However, you are a customer. As such, yes, you paid money. And you get (and got) your money's worth. But even as customer, you DON'T RESERVE THE RIGHT to DEMAND extras.

On the other hand, it is your right to complain and whine.
And it is my right to be pissed off about people who do so.

BTW, if you think I didn't do anything for you, I recommend you buy the original Portal version of the game. There also was a German version available. After all, it is the same game - what could I have done for you...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksandar Licul
Austria
Krems an der Donau
Niederösterreich
flag msg tools

I think You are really missing my point there...
I am very happy how Pegasus handled RC, that is why I bought it in the first place...
But someone doing good their job, is not a favour to the customers; it is a duty that is being paid (of course praises go when and where job was done well).

By the "lack of love" I mean what is really there at the heart for many RC German version owners, it is seeing all those cool extras coming and us being excluded from enjoying them. Then You start thinking; "man if I only bought English version now I would just order those extras and play 'em, etc...".
Pegasus is a company and as such it should think of its business and that should include its customers (income); so I would expect them to try to get those right for extras and promos, or whatever. Or at least tell their customers, that this is what they are working on.
Instead we get an angry irrational scold how we should be grateful, seriously?

Well, maybe I will get rid of my Pegasus version, and get myself English one, as well as take my business from Pegasus somewhere else. In the end if anyone should be grateful it is the company, not the customer...

PS: It is very rude to say someone is whining; I beg Your pardon, dogs whine, I do not!

Dumon wrote:
Hmm.
You understand what Promo tiles mean?
And you cried out because you mean you didn't get enough love from the German publisher?

Really?

There is a difference in getting the game, and getting extras. You got the same game, and it was even reworked to make it more accessible. We did that so that you could enjoy it more. Not you especially, but the generalized "you" - the customers...

Promo material will most certainly be made available if Portal decides that Pegasus can publish it. This has nothing to do with Pegasus denying you "love", as you so aptly put it.

However, you are a customer. As such, yes, you paid money. And you get (and got) your money's worth. But even as customer, you DON'T RESERVE THE RIGHT to DEMAND extras.

On the other hand, it is your right to complain and whine.
And it is my right to be pissed off about people who do so.

BTW, if you think I didn't do anything for you, I recommend you buy the original Portal version of the game. There also was a German version available. After all, it is the same game - what could I have done for you...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
You toast the waffle.
badge
In a syrupy voice, the awful waffle walker tries to butter you up.
mbmbmbmbmb
Woo! Ordered!!

Thanks so much for the heads up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Walker
United States
Chuluota
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice! Want to order.

Maybe I am just being dense, but I don't understand my shipping options to the US. If I am ordering the pieces + Livingston + stickers + King Kong, can I still pick promo card shipping ($6)? economic-NA ($9)? or do I have to pick shipping-NA ($27)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am very sorry if you feel that me being aggressive and pissed-off here is a reason to sell your copy of the Pegasus edition of Robinson Crusoe.

One disclaimer first, though:
Even if I worked FOR Pegasus, I am NOT affiliated closely with Pegasus, or per se a regular employee of Pegasus. Just a contractor, if you will.

That said, it is not the job of a publisher to provide for its customers all the amenities and niceties it can. Especially, if it cannot.
And don't you think that Pegasus hasn't asked for these before?

I personally know that it was not possible (and still might be unlikely) to get the Trait cards published in German by Pegasus. Mainly because I also thought it would be cool, and asked myself.

But these are specials. Extras.
Like Kickstarter specials, they are connected to a certain "version" of the product. Like Preorder specials, they can only be had in certain circumstances. That is the norm.
But if a publisher decides to make them available again later, that is once again their prerogative. Portal did so. But if they give the green light to Pegasus is their decision alone, and Pegasus can do nothing to change that.

I am sorry that you feel left out.
And I certainly can understand the sentiment to want these specials, too.
I still havent gotten them all in English, and I most certainly will never own the Trait II cards, as I was never part of the KS campaign.

However, proclaiming that Pegasus doesn't "put out enough love" for the customer? That is what drives me over the edge.
Because that simply is not true.
If Pegasus can, they most certainly will make these specials available. If they cannot, then they will not.
And there is no "if they want it bad enough, they will be able to".
It's that easy.

And, lest we forget, Pegasus is a commercial business. As such it will weigh the pros and cons of everything and anything it does. Pegasus makes (or might make) mistakes in those calculations. But they will always think about what they do - and if it benefits THEM. Because, in the end, that is what counts. They are a business, they want to earn money.
Yes, they want to make you (the customer) happy. Because then you will spend more money on them. But only so far as it benefits them, and the benefits outweigh the cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Magoulis
United States
Safety Harbor
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I selected "economic-NA", but I assume they'll contact me if that shipping method isn't going to work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
secoAce -
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those that have ordered, what's the shipping cost to the US?

As much as I'd like the wooden pieces and want the promos, if the international shipping fee is going to end up costing more than the items, it wouldn't be worth it.

[EDIT: Opps...didn't see that WWalker already listed the shipping costs. Still would be good to know the difference in shipping and which you can select for US.]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katina Choovanski
United States
Branchburg
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
aka KabukiKid on Youtube. Yeah, I have a few online aliases. heh ;-)
mbmbmbmbmb
R2Dork wrote:
I selected "economic-NA", but I assume they'll contact me if that shipping method isn't going to work.

I selected the same for my order to the USA. I am guessing that is necessary because of the wooden pieces.

~Kat ^_^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Coolen
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can express your ideas so eloquently on a thread, Im sure you can easily read a single card in English or even translate it for your gaming group friends who don't speak English at all.
Myself, I have a Zman version of the game, a Portal expansion, Trait cards in Ignacy-English and some scenarios in french.
Game plays great
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Schoenheiter
Germany
Heusenstamm
Hessen
flag msg tools
publisher
Also: GameDev&Editor
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If we can make these items available, we will. We love Robinson Crusoe here, too - which is also why we put the same effort into the Expansion as we did with the base game. But for now, we cannot offer these items yet for the German edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forrest Evans
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had to order the promos as this is still my favorite game. Hopefully the spyglass is included in my package!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for positive feedback.
Please, do not argue and offend - I design games to make people happy, not to make them fight.
Both me and Pegasus will do our best that German players get all promos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksandar Licul
Austria
Krems an der Donau
Niederösterreich
flag msg tools
Not everyone speaks and/or understands English, and it shouldn't be the necessity since we were offered German version. And it is still enjoyable, it is just as I said earlier, so many extra things come that in the end You are left with the feeling You have an incomplete game.

Vjaas wrote:
If you can express your ideas so eloquently on a thread, Im sure you can easily read a single card in English or even translate it for your gaming group friends who don't speak English at all.
Myself, I have a Zman version of the game, a Portal expansion, Trait cards in Ignacy-English and some scenarios in french.
Game plays great

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksandar Licul
Austria
Krems an der Donau
Niederösterreich
flag msg tools
benji_online wrote:
If we can make these items available, we will. We love Robinson Crusoe here, too - which is also why we put the same effort into the Expansion as we did with the base game. But for now, we cannot offer these items yet for the German edition.

Thanks You for joining this "discussion".
Something along those lines was in order earlier (in my opinion) since those extra just keep coming, of course not in German version.

On the other hand I am very happy how Pegasus dealt with the game itself, and expansion is on our list, but with the experience with all these extras being unavailable to us (aside from King Kong, good job on that one), we were really waiting to see if we will trade our German Pegasus copy away and get English one instead with the expansion and all the extras.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksandar Licul
Austria
Krems an der Donau
Niederösterreich
flag msg tools
trzewik wrote:
Please, do not argue and offend - I design games to make people happy, not to make them fight.

No worries, I am pretty sure no one here really has any desire for a real conflict, it was just a "involved discussion".
And You do make awesome games, but I think this also needs to be said; exclusive promos that adds to or changes game-play are a very bad for Your fans in a long way. Only who really profits are game re-sellers, and of-course those who gets in "exclusives club".
Why promos and extras cannot be for example alternative art, or just exclusive for a certain period of time, and than they should be packed into mini or even full expansion and offered to Your fans?
Or if the promo is designed to be sold only at certain places, like BGG store, make it in more than one language, so it is compatible with products You in the end offer...

It is a good news, indeed, that You and Pegasus will come to some arrangement.

My family and me love Your games, but as well as Pegasus games and production; but really after repeatedly new material comes out that is incompatible with the version I have, I start thinking of changing my version which means taking my business elsewhere.

Hope no one got offended or seriously annoyed by my posts, and I apologize if it was so; but this is the only way we can do what we can to bring this to attention of publishers and developers...
Again I have nothing against English versions of games, but if it is decided and offered on other languages, support should go all the way.

And, a word to user S.R. (Dumon), sorry if I cam somewhat unfair, demanding, or arrogant at You; peace. Great job with RC rules; we know the difference...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wwalker98 wrote:
Very nice! Want to order.

Maybe I am just being dense, but I don't understand my shipping options to the US. If I am ordering the pieces + Livingston + stickers + King Kong, can I still pick promo card shipping ($6)? economic-NA ($9)? or do I have to pick shipping-NA ($27)?

Not sure if I selected the right shipping either for several promo items, but happy to adjust via PayPal if I have got it wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Uhr78 wrote:

And, a word to user S.R. (Dumon), sorry if I cam somewhat unfair, demanding, or arrogant at You; peace. Great job with RC rules; we know the difference...

Water - bridge - under...

Sorry to be a tad more aggressive than usual - bad day. Not an exuse, but maybe an explanation...

Alles gut, Schwamm drüber, weitermachen!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
trzewik wrote:

In that same sense, it'd be nice if English speakers got the updated German rulebook!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Mc
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
It sure doesn't look like those new "wood" tokens are going to fit on the allotted spaces on the CASTAWAYS scenario card, does it? Maybe they can be arranged in an actual pyramidal pile.

And would anyone know if the ZMAN pawns are large enough to accommodate the stickers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.