Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the photos available so far, it seems like one side of the map shows two main islands (as noted in the rules text) and some small ones, plus sea trade spaces--some of which have two cornucopias each. Another photo seems to show just one large island (plus small islands and trade spaces), connected together by a territory in the middle. Is this the case, or was one or both of these only play test maps? If this is the case, I'd guess that the side with the two large islands is for more players!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The board has 2 sides, depending of the number of players..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Browes
United Kingdom
London
Tooting
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't you know nuthin', Jon Snow?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand that the board has two sides. My question above asks whether one has two main islands and the other has only one.(?)

I tell pals now that the only drawback to being "Jon Snow" is that people keep telling me that I know nothing...

The equivalent constant joke when I was growing up was having everyone say to me: "Sorry Charlie--only the best tuna get to be Starkist!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that's it: one side, for 5 or 6 players, has 2 main islands

The other, for 3 or 4 players, has only one main island
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems that there are more sea trade spaces, and some of them have two cornucopias--this would increase the important of fleet action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1- yes

2- poseidon is still important, to reach small islands giving a lot of gold coins, to travel from one side to the other side of big islands with boat "bridges", and to control sea spaces giving 2 good coins

Our target, when building expansions, is to lead players to break their plaint routines
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.