Lincoln Damerst
United States
California
flag msg tools
GameNight!
badge
GameNight!
mbmbmbmbmb

Tonight on GameNight! Nikki, Dave, Mark & Lincoln play Blueprints by Yves Tourigny and published Z-Man Games.

Thanks for watching and please subscribe to us on YouTube - with more subscribers we get more freedom in how to run the channel.

http://youtube.com/boardgamegeektv
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
That's a Palm Pilot on the left, and a pink iPod mini on the right. Yes, I've been doing BGTG that long!
badge
http://www.WargamesToGo.com
mbmbmbmbmb
That's not Aaron!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lincoln Damerst
United States
California
flag msg tools
GameNight!
badge
GameNight!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugh. Lesson for the day that I need to learn: Don't do this stuff when you are tired. Thanks Mark for the note.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
mbmbmbmbmb
Great little game. Looking forwards to watching.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Yein
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The one unstated reason to go after the 2-point prizes(awards? I forget which is which) is that they are also used for tie breaking purpose at the end of the game.

Also not mentioned is the rule for if you are unable to build with the available dice, that you are suppose to pick one to discard instead of build, and you would therefore end up with a building composed of fewer dice. A mean spirited strategy is to take the high numbered dice in the last few rounds so your opponents are forced to discard. (usually because they can't build higher)

Also for two-player game you would also pick a die to discard after you build, and then roll 2 dice to replace the pool. Giving the players some control over reducing what's available to the opponent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludo Outaouais
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
Good episode, nice little game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Airikka
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
i'm not sure if i remember this correctly, but are not the face values of the glass pieces only supposed to count if they are uncovered?

e.g. a glass foundation is not worth any points. (which is arguably thematic, in some sense.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith McNeil
United States
Watertown
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Airikka wrote:
i'm not sure if i remember this correctly, but are not the face values of the glass pieces only supposed to count if they are uncovered?

e.g. a glass foundation is not worth any points. (which is arguably thematic, in some sense.)

Nope, glass points are counted regardless of whether the face is covered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Tewksbury
United States
Fitchburg
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Love Blueprints - lots of fun - thanks for sharing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.