Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Susan Mitchell
New Zealand
Featherston
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've just bought this game, and have played it just twice. The first time, we screwed up the rules good and proper, but the second went really well, until, that is, my husband ran out of the little wooden houses to build with due to building lots of stuff in the castle.

My question is this: Can he still build stuff, even when he no longer has houses to put on new buildings cards or in the castle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Neither the houses nor the resource cubes are intended to be a finite limit. Yes, he can still build in the castle. It has been suggested to simply remove houses from previously scored castle sections, since they no longer have any effect on the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MSV Burns
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep.

You can cannibalize the one from previous castle sections if you like.

No limits on housing... what do you think this is, Monopoly?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan Mitchell
New Zealand
Featherston
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you.

Of course, this now means he would almost certainly have won the last game we played, and mine is now a hollow victory...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan Mitchell
New Zealand
Featherston
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, we actually have another query.

1. You can build in the dungeon before the bailiff gets to the little dungeon symbol on the board, yes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Immer
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are able to build in the dungeon until the bailiff gets to that symbol on the board. At that point the dungeon will score (unless it already scored because there were no more empty houses in the dungeon). The same is true with all of the sections.

It is a little confusing because the road continues after the last symbol (once the bailiff hits this spot then the game ends), but that is just to allow people to continue to build building for victory points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan Mitchell
New Zealand
Featherston
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay - that makes sense - Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Kalfin
Greece
Glyka Nera / Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another silly one I suppose

The round starts with getting money.
It also happens in the first round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. You get money in the first round as well as the money you start out with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.