Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure for what part of the governor's effect I must pay the 2 lira or bonus card. Is it when:

A) you draw a bonus card, regardless if you keep it or not
B) you decide to keep the bonus card you just drew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fardoche wrote:
I'm not sure for what part of the governor's effect I must pay the 2 lira or bonus card. Is it when:

A) you draw a bonus card, regardless if you keep it or not
B) you decide to keep the bonus card you just drew

To me the rules are clear on this point.

Quote:
... the Governor
You may draw 1 Bonus card from the face-down stack and put it into your hand. If you do, either pay 2 Lira or discard 1 Bonus card from your hand.

So you may draw a bonus card and put it in your hand. IF you draw the card and put it in your hand, you must choose to pay for it in one of two ways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I see it even more simply that that. You are paying for the drawing of it no matter what. But if you don't like it, simply discard it to "pay" for it. The rules also clarify this as being able to use what you just gained to pay for it.

But if you draw it and like it, you can use another card to pay for it, or 2 Lira. Otherwise you have to pay it for itself (which equates to discarding it)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Simply put:

Draw a card. Either discard it or keep it. If you keep it, you must either pay 2 Lira or discard another card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, now that I reread it, it makes senses. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.