Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lior Kiperman
Israel
Ramat Gan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll: Revealing Orders
When everyone has finished selecting their orders, how do you prefer to reveal the orders?
When everyone has finished selecting their orders, how do you prefer to reveal the order cards?
Reveal and resolve all first orders, then all second orders, and then all third orders (like in the rules)
Reveal all orders at the same time, and then resolve them all in order
First player reveals and resolves his first order, and then the second player reveals and resolves his first order and so on
      92 answers
Poll created by HealingAura
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There are no decisions to be made, so I prefer to just reveal all the cards and then everyone works to place the minions into the appropriate spaces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
I also reveal all cards, saves time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's more exciting to do one at a time. Especially when you're aiming for one of the free actions or you hope you can get a cheap action because you're low on gold. It gets tense!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack Stackurski
United States
Mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I love almost all games, play Boardgames with my wife, have three kids, generally enjoy cats and understand and like those bumper stickers with the little fishies sprouting legs.
badge
This happy cat is excited about new board games!
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Jason. Each card flip is fun to see when you do it one at a time. If you flip all the cards at once its just one long accounting phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sonny sonny
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i wonder what you mean with "resolve" orders. the rulebook uses "place minions" or "execute orders".

we reveal orders and place minions all at the same time. that's fastest. if not all players have placed their minions yet, i determine my position by looking at the other players orders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Sporre
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Starting player starts by revealing his first order with the others immediately following (with exclamations of "yes!" and "no!" as appropriate) and we place the first minions. Repeat for 2nd and 3rd orders. Makes it fun and not at all confusing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Lam I Am
United States
Highland
UT
flag msg tools
To play is human; to win, divine.
badge
There is no shame in losing, if you remain unafraid to play again. -Losers
mbmbmbmbmb
We're usually so excited that everyone is finally ready to reveal that we just reveal it all at once. I can see that it might be fun and exciting to take it slowly.

Wait, are we still talking about Dungeon Lords?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lior Kiperman
Israel
Ramat Gan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to reveal all the first orders and then all the second orders and then third orders. Now I reveal all of them at once because it saves time. In retrospect, revealing only the first/second/third does make it more exciting and fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kory Stevens
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Faranim wrote:
There are no decisions to be made, so I prefer to just reveal all the cards and then everyone works to place the minions into the appropriate spaces.

There is one point where a decision can be made, if a player puts the recruit monster action on their first spot, they might decide to not pay the gold based on what orders they see everybody else reveal.

I'll admit this is a bit of a weird case, since any player who puts recruit moster first is typically prepared to pay the gold, it is nonetheless a consideration.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lior Kiperman
Israel
Ramat Gan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sabaki wrote:
Faranim wrote:

There is one point where a decision can be made, if a player puts the recruit monster action on their first spot, they might decide to not pay the gold based on what orders they see everybody else reveal.

I'll admit this is a bit of a weird case, since any player who puts recruit moster first is typically prepared to pay the gold, it is nonetheless a consideration.

You don't have an option of not paying. If you played the recruit monster order card as your first order, then you must pay 1 gold. You cannot play that card as your first order if you don't have any gold to pay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lior Kiperman
Israel
Ramat Gan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've tried revealing one card at a time in a few games, and I've noticed that players really enjoy it (even me). It is also much less prone to errors than revealing everything at the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
HealingAura wrote:
sabaki wrote:
Faranim wrote:

You don't have an option of not paying. If you played the recruit monster order card as your first order, then you must pay 1 gold. You cannot play that card as your first order if you don't have any gold to pay.

The rules do allow you to play it as your first order if you don't have any gold. On page 22, it says if you play it as your first order and you have no gold, you just put your Minion on it. (I can't think of a good reason WHY you'd want to do this, though).

However, otherwise, as written you are right in that the rules don't allow for the option of paying nothing if you DO have the gold. In fact, as written if you play it first and are blocked out because the other players all played the same order, you'd still be required to pay as it doesn't give any exception otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We all flip the first card, then place our minions, then we all flip the second, and so on. It helps us make sure the minions get placed in the right order and doesn't seem to take any longer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.