Drew
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The backs of all my artifact cards (including the expansion!) plus 2 Arythea cards have the dreaded black stripe. There was a thread a while back where people posted their disappointing experiences with Wizkids customer service and how the replacement cards they received from them were either unchanged or from the 1st printing (which had different shaded backs than the later printings).

Does anyone know if Wizkids has finally acknowledged this issue and, more importantly, FIXED the issue? I would be extremely grateful to know before I waste my time going through their replacement order process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmb
I suppose the silence tells the story, but there has been no report of Wizkids either acknowledging or fixing the issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali Cali
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't even know about the black stripe until I read it on BGG posts. And now that I know it's there, I still never notice when I play. This is one of those things that you just accept and move on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They probably have acknowledged it in that the new artifact cards in MK:LL still seem to have the stripe. Probably cheaper to keep the stripe on all the Artifacts instead of issuing replacements for all of the game sets from that printing run.

They also probably figure that a lot of people sleeve the cards to prevent excessive wear on them and that anyone bothered by it will sleeve them too ... which is no excuse, just a possibility.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmb
aliallison wrote:
And now that I know it's there, I still never notice when I play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
They also probably figure that a lot of people sleeve the cards to prevent excessive wear on them and that anyone bothered by it will sleeve them too ... which is no excuse, just a possibility.

But I use clear sleeves for all my board games because I like the artwork. The only game I use opaque sleeves for is MtG. angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bottledinsanity wrote:
Quote:

But I use clear sleeves for all my board games because I like the artwork. The only game I use opaque sleeves for is MtG. angry

I do exactly the same

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
Solo player that don't play solo
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked WizKids a couple years ago to send replacement Artifact cards and they sent them...dunno if their CS is still as good as it was but you could ask them for replacement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhezuss wrote:
I asked WizKids a couple years ago to send replacement Artifact cards and they sent them...dunno if their CS is still as good as it was but you could ask them for replacement.

And those replacements did not have the black stripe? And were not from 1st edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anduin wrote:
Rhezuss wrote:

And those replacements did not have the black stripe? And were not from 1st edition?

I can't tell you from which edition they were but they didn't had the black lines.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Wayne
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Got my copy from amazon two weeks ago and my artifact cards do have the black stripe. Anyone have any success getting replacement cards from Wizkids?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Starwolf64 wrote:
Got my copy from amazon two weeks ago and my artifact cards do have the black stripe. Anyone have any success getting replacement cards from Wizkids?

As far as I know: No. Because they just don't exist. The only printing that did not have the stripe was the very first one, but this one had other issues and has a quite different color tone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.