Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Schutte
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Trace2- If successful , trash 1 piece of hardware. If your trace strength is 5 or greater, trash 1 piece of hardware.

Corp chooses, and you get to trash 2 pieces of hardware if both conditions are met (trace over 5, and succeeds).

The above is correct?

What happens if trace is re-initiated could you trash 3 pieces of hardware, first trace strength over 5, 2nd trace over 5 and succeeds?

nm read the faq runner has to use disrupter before trace str step. Should a card be added this would be true if you reach the trace str step?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the way it works is:

-If you beat the runner's trace, trash 1 hardware.
-If you boost your trace strength to at least 5, trash 1 hardware.

The second is not dependent on the first occurring.

I guess with Disrupter you could pay 5 (or otherwise boost trace with Net Police/Making News or whatever) as the Corp and get the second hardware trash. But the first trace never occurred because it was prevented with Disrupter, so you wouldn't get to trash 3 pieces or whatever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And as you stated from the FAQ, Disruptor resets the trace before it starts, so they never can get 3 trashes. It does however lower the trace strength to 0, so in order to trade 2 pieces of hardware they would have to spend 5 credits instead of just 3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Müller
msg tools
mb
Still not 100% sure if I understand this card completely.

When I win the trace with at least trace 5 do I destroy one or two hardware?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jawe wrote:

Two. One for a successful trace, and the other for having a final trace strength of 5 or higher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Meng
msg tools
Novacat wrote:
jawe wrote:

Two. One for a successful trace, and the other for having a final trace strength of 5 or higher.

Let's be clear here. You only get to destroy two in this case if the Runner doesn't also pay 5 or more credits. If the Runner does pay to beat the trace, you only get to trash 1 piece of hardware, as only the 5 strength condition was met.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
trekkienz wrote:
Novacat wrote:
jawe wrote:

Let's be clear here. You only get to destroy two in this case if the Runner doesn't also pay 5 or more credits. If the Runner does pay to beat the trace, you only get to trash 1 piece of hardware, as only the 5 strength condition was met.
i suppose we could be more clear that they just have to beat the trace. they could very well have a higher-than-zero link strength and need to pay less than 5 credits, right?

and the original question did say 'when i win the trace with at least trace 5' (emphasis mine)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hopkins
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
trekkienz wrote:
Novacat wrote:
jawe wrote:

No, you always trash two in this case. If the corp has paid 3 for a trace strength of 5 AND won the trace, you trash two. Doesn't matter what the runner paid, as long as the corp has win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
unitled wrote:
trekkienz wrote:

No, you always trash two in this case. If the corp has paid 3 for a trace strength of 5 AND won the trace, you trash two. Doesn't matter what the runner paid, as long as the corp has win.

Wires getting crossed somewhere. You're interpreting the card right (both of you) but don't seem to be reading each other correctly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.