Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rulebook, every Lord that has a come-into-play effect (arrow icon to the right of their name) has no Keys (Ambassadors being the exception)...

1) Just wondered if there are non-Ambassador Lords with come-into-play effects that have Keys?

2) How/why would 'The Jailor' and 'The Traitor' Lords be placed under 'The Abyss' Location when they have no Keys?

3) Let's say that the situation is that there are 3 Lords in the Court and no cards left in the deck. Can a player force the end game by paying a Pearl to attempt to add a Lord from the deck or does it only trigger when there is a mandatory card needed to be added to the Court when the deck is empty?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1- No

2- At first i didn't understood the question... because it's impossible..
than, i went on the rulebook and noticed that this is connected to the scoring example in the rulebook.
Thanks a lot !!! this situation is just impossible.
Just take it in consideration for scoring points
sorry..
i forward your good remark to publisher

3- No.. this is not allowed:
rulebook says:
If there are no empty spaces at Court or if the Lord deck is empty, you may not Plot at Court.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Looks like a great game I'm eager to own!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi K
msg tools
One question about fighting against monster:

You don´t need anything for fighting?
So, I only say: I will fight against the monster and I win the fight?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andi2012 wrote:
One question about fighting against monster:

You don´t need anything for fighting?
So, I only say: I will fight against the monster and I win the fight?

yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Hartville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruno des Montagnes wrote:
2- At first i didn't understood the question... because it's impossible..
than, i went on the rulebook and noticed that this is connected to the scoring example in the rulebook.
Thanks a lot !!! this situation is just impossible.
Just take it in consideration for scoring points
sorry..
i forward your good remark to publisher

So then, the player likely took control due to monsters? If so, then do they still get points for that location, or only if they can get 3 keys worth of Lords under that location?

Given that one takes keys from some monster fights, locations will be added without Lords off and on. If I got a Lord that has an ongoing effect, and I gain a Location via a Monster fight, I'd see little reason to add it to a Location since a Monster forced me to take it into my possession, and the rules seem to suggest I control it just because I took it with 3 keys.

The game rules say Control as soon as I have 3 keys, but other spots say "Control with Lords", so sort of confused on that. One implies I control it by the simple fact I have it in front of me, others seem to suggest you need (a) Lord(s). Given some Lords don't give keys, not sure if they can help control a Location. Does a Location need just one or more Lords period? Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here, it might be because it's early in the morning and the kids are already acting crazy and distracting me.

Also, when you talk to the publisher, as noted on the English Rulebook thread by SaltyHorse, page 5 of the rulebook has a misprint:

SaltyHorse wrote:
There's a typo on page 5. The example on the right has the text "Then, they reveal a 4th card, which is bought by the 1st opponent for 2 Peals".

"Peals" should be "Pearls"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz Sieroń
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmb
So, it seems you don't need Lords (without keys) to control a location. You need just 3 keys from monsters and location is active. Am I right ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Keeper of the Sacred Aardvark
mbmbmbmbmb
you need 3 keys to take a location. those 3 keys can come from any combination of Lords with keys and keys from monster fights. So it is possible to take a location with 3 monster fight keys and no Lords at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.