Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Connellan
United States
Binghamton
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword.
mbmbmbmbmb
This forum is called "Religion, Sex, and Politics". When do we get to talk about sex?

On the front page here I see about half politics, about a quarter religion, and most of the rest is either weird stuff that doesn't fit in anywhere else on BGG, lists of stuff we do, and making fun of Slater. The only time sex is ever discussed on here is when people are talking about rape or sexual abuse/assault.

And no, links to Salt N' Pepa videos do not double as discussion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
The joke is that the S stands for science (or if you are SpaceGhost, statistics).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps you might find talk about sex more productive with a real-live person who is likely to consent to be a partner for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Connellan
United States
Binghamton
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
Perhaps you might find talk about sex more productive with a real-live person who is likely to consent to be a partner for you.

Yes, because I my religious/political discussions end with you people as well. /sarcasm

I already do that. I wanted to expand that discussion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
she2 wrote:
The joke is that the S stands for science (or if you are SpaceGhost, statistics).

Science is just the rigorous application of empirical statistics in most respects; statistics as a field covers that, the pure mathematics of it and the copious mountains of garbage written badly by people who don't know what they're talking about because they can't use the math or the science correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Ever since we lost Lawson, there're have been no good sex threads.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pintsizepete wrote:
whac3 wrote:

Yes, because I my religious/political discussions end with you people as well. /sarcasm

I already do that. I wanted to expand that discussion.

and you were met by sarcasm because you offered no specific topic. Perhaps I could try and reproduce the undergrad lecture in which my physics prof made a lecture on friction (a topic which typically bored even the most ardent physics enthusiasts) by pointing out how sex is from a physical point of view entirely an application of friction?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
she2 wrote:
Ever since we lost Lawson, there're have been no good sex threads.

BS. All Lawson did was get pissy when somebody didn't meet her standards of civility and express outrage over whatever she was outraged about that day. I liked her as an RSP semi-regular but her primary output was in trying to make people feel guilty for any morality different than hers.

She is a nice looking lady though. I imagine Barb as being even hotter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You can talk about whatever you start a thread for. Complaining that other people aren't talking about something you want them to when you've made no effort to do so yourself seems rather passive aggressive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Connellan
United States
Binghamton
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I was hoping for more of a paradigm shift, with more topics/at least one topic about it, but if you need a jumping-off point, I'd be happy to oblige;

I'm almost positive my (now 3-month old) son was conceived with a ball gag in his mother's mouth.

Discuss?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Pintsizepete wrote:
Well, I was hoping for more of a paradigm shift, with more topics/at least one topic about it, but if you need a jumping-off point, I'd be happy to oblige;

I'm almost positive my (now 3-month old) son was conceived with a ball gag in his mother's mouth.

Discuss?

Uh oh. Hey, that reminds me, where's that guy who beats his wife till she orgasms?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pintsizepete wrote:

Discuss?

Wrong hole.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Connellan
United States
Binghamton
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Message wrote:
Pintsizepete wrote:

Discuss?

Wrong hole.

I was supposed to put the ball gag in her vagina? Interesting.

See? I'm learning!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pintsizepete wrote:
This forum is called "Religion, Sex, and Politics". When do we get to talk about sex?

On the front page here I see about half politics, about a quarter religion, and most of the rest is either weird stuff that doesn't fit in anywhere else on BGG, lists of stuff we do, and making fun of Slater. The only time sex is ever discussed on here is when people are talking about rape or sexual abuse/assault.

Or gay sex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've talked about sex a fair amount, but while it's one of my favorite topics in the right circumstances I don't generally care to get specific on an Internet forum for a variety of reasons. Thus, my rSp discussions tend to be on things like sexual orientation or other general topics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
she2 wrote:
Odd, I am sure it's been redefined as Slater.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
she2 wrote:
Ever since we lost Lawson, there're have been no good sex threads. :(

BS. All Lawson did was get pissy when somebody didn't meet her standards of civility and express outrage over whatever she was outraged about that day. I liked her as an RSP semi-regular but her primary output was in trying to make people feel guilty for any morality different than hers.

She is a nice looking lady though. I imagine Barb as being even hotter.
You have not seen me in a Biffo the bear costume yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Connellan
United States
Binghamton
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
Pintsizepete wrote:

Or gay sex.

They talk about gay RIGHTS a lot. I'm not sure I've seen any discussions of gay sex on here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
I'm trying to remember the last actual sex thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pintsizepete wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Pintsizepete wrote:

Or gay sex.

They talk about gay RIGHTS a lot. I'm not sure I've seen any discussions of gay sex on here.
Seems to me that if you object to gayness you are objecting to the sin (sex).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
Or gay sex.

Sex, overall, is pretty boring unless you're the one doing it. I suspect that's why we don't get a lot of sex threads that aren't about rape. Gay sex is even more boring, well, M2M anyway. I'd imagine that's because so few people actually do gay sex. The more reliable (non-political) studies estimate that actual gays are under 3% of the US population. That doesn't account for people who tried it once, twice or only when stoned and it definitely ignores the college freshman lesbian phenomena, which has been going strong now for 20 years.

To be fair though, I think most college freshman lesbians now are actually just turning a buck online.

So if you take out rape, dick-to-dick, and weird shit like ball gags and punching, what's left is gamer sex. Wheezing fat people sliding around in a pool of sweaty sheets, one hand on a tit, the other clutching a rescue inhaler as they forcefully keep their eyes shut and imagine they're really fucking a manga hottie while riding an MLP over a rainbow.

Orgasm is usually followed by an emergency ration of Cheetos and a gallon of ice cold Dew.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
DWTripp wrote:
what's left is gamer sex. Wheezing fat people sliding around in a pool of sweaty sheets, one hand on a tit, the other clutching an rescue inhaler as they forcefully keep their eyes shut and imagine they're really fucking a manga hottie while riding an MLP over a rainbow.

Orgasm is usually followed by an emergency ration of Cheetos and a gallon of ice cold Dew.

Thanks for that image, Tripp.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Connellan
United States
Binghamton
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Or gay sex.

Sex, overall, is pretty boring unless you're the one doing it. I suspect that's why we don't get a lot of sex threads that aren't about rape. Gay sex is even more boring, well, M2M anyway. I'd imagine that's because so few people actually do gay sex. The more reliable (non-political) studies estimate that actual gays are under 3% of the US population. That doesn't account for people who tried it once, twice or only when stoned and it definitely ignores the college freshman lesbian phenomena, which has been going strong now for 20 years.

To be fair though, I think most college freshman lesbians now are actually just turning a buck online.

So if you take out rape, dick-to-dick, and weird shit like ball gags and punching, what's left is gamer sex. Wheezing fat people sliding around in a pool of sweaty sheets, one hand on a tit, the other clutching a rescue inhaler as they forcefully keep their eyes shut and imagine they're really fucking a manga hottie while riding an MLP over a rainbow.

*sniff*

That's beautiful, man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
she2 wrote:
I'm trying to remember the last actual sex thread.

It doesn't really seem like there's a whole lot to talk about. Religion and politics are controversial and people have strong opinions all over the map.

Maybe it's just me, but I think it's hard for sex talk to draw much discussion because what are we going to talk about? You can only have an orgasm if you're wearing a diaper and a pacifier/gag while being spanked? Okay. I don't have anything to add to that. You can't really criticize someone's fetishes and how many times can you just list your own?

I think that's why the "sex" part pretty much is left up to things like rape and abuse. Things that everyone agrees are wrong but that there might be strong conflicting opinions about what constitutes them. Gender in society also comes into it but those tend to stray more into P than S.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
she2 wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
what's left is gamer sex. Wheezing fat people sliding around in a pool of sweaty sheets, one hand on a tit, the other clutching an rescue inhaler as they forcefully keep their eyes shut and imagine they're really fucking a manga hottie while riding an MLP over a rainbow.

Thanks for that image, Tripp.

I remember standing at my booth during GenCon back in the 80's and thinking to myself, "These people are all having sex at night."

Go to GenCon to see what I mean. The flip side of the coin is - they're my people. Gamers. The ones I typically like the most. But I most certainly don't want to know too much about their sex lives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.