Whats 4T
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello there,

To clarify I'm looking to trade my Rebel Transport with all the relevant cards and counters (IE the Rebel Transport expansion without the X-Wing related content) for a combination of smaller ships. At the moment I'm in need of B-Wings and maybe another Tie Fighter (with pilot cards) but I'm open to suggestions.

I am currently in the US, and the transport won't fit in my luggage when I go back to the UK!

Cheers,

Thomas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whats4t wrote:
without the X-Wing ship and cards

Not concerned with the X-Wing as I've got plenty of those, but what cards will not be included? Are they unique to this expansion or just dupes of cards already found in others?

Also where in the US are you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Culp
United States
Gillette
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
almost all the x-wing specific cards are unique to this expansion. new pilots and R2 units mostly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Yes, that's a Japanese CTR ring shield cut in half...
mbmbmbmbmb
I also have a transport and all it's related counters and cards to trade without the x-wing stuff if a second person is interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So given two people now looking to unload the Transport is it a safe assumption that folks are finding the new X-Wing related material to be invaluable and competitive while the Transport isn't offering much other than set dressing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Culp
United States
Gillette
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think people are playing with the transport and enjoying it. but there is also a fairly large subset of players who don't want to get involved with Epic play, for cost or other reasons. that's where I'm at. I don't want to buy the transport, because then I'll want to buy the Tantive, and then i'll want to buy whatever imperial ship comes out. but everything i've read about people playing with them has said the transport (and tantive) are fun.

Ideally a guy in town who runs a SWRPG campaign would buy the transport off me, but he's become interested in the x-wing cards as well, so that may fall through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lj1983 wrote:
I think people are playing with the transport and enjoying it. but there is also a fairly large subset of players who don't want to get involved with Epic play, for cost or other reasons. that's where I'm at. I don't want to buy the transport, because then I'll want to buy the Tantive, and then i'll want to buy whatever imperial ship comes out. but everything i've read about people playing with them has said the transport (and tantive) are fun.

I hear you John, but that doesn't explain why multiple people that already have invested in the Rebel Transport expansion are looking to unload all but the X-wing part of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Culp
United States
Gillette
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it does. they bought it for the x-wing stuff. don't want the transport. look to make alittle money back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lj1983 wrote:
it does. they bought it for the x-wing stuff. don't want the transport. look to make alittle money back.

laugh

Egads, that being at least one obvious explanation is exactly what inspired my question in the first place.

While I appreciate your thoughts I look forward to hearing their actual reasoning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Whats 4T
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Oh, look what I missed.

I'm in LA, Dante. I bought the transport specifically in the US as it's a third cheaper than back home and I wanted the X-Wing pilot cards. I'm not particularly interested in Epic Play and knowing that I can't really take it back to the UK with me, haven't even test driven it (hence wanting to swap it for something more compact).

So yes, it doesn't include the X-Wing, X-Wing pilot cards, Flechette Torps and R-units. But it does include a fully operational Rebel Transport with all the relevant cards for that. Here is a link to the contents of the expansion... http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/X-Wing:_Rebel_Transport_Expansion_Pack

Let me know what you think.

Thomas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Whats 4T
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Also I appreciate everyone trying to sell their stuff under my own trade post...! Ha ha, shameless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emperors Grace
United States
Rexford
New York
flag msg tools
Hello!
badge
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;The old that is strong does not wither,Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
mbmbmbmbmb
I might be interested, though I'm not sure whether it could be worth it.

I can source one with an X-wing through my FLGS for a little over 25% off. Between that, the X-wing's loss, and postage to/from the other coast ... I'm not sure it's entirely feasible.

Feel free to look at my for trade list and PM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.