Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Javed Mirza
Canada
Oakville
Ontario
flag msg tools
Hi all,

First a little background to better help from your suggestions.
Used to play MTG obsessively during University, helped to fund my university education. Work a crazy job and play poker on the side. My son is 5 1/2 and is doing well in reading and math. My wife loses interest in games quickly but will play with my son and I. My daughter is 3 so will likely not participate actively but will be at the table with us.

I recently got my son some MTG cards and we have played for fun. He understands the basic concepts.

I live near Toronto, Canada.

2 part question:
1) I already have sleeves for MTG. Kids have a propensity for bending cards so I would like to protect them. What sleeves do you recommend for the following games:
A) New Talisman
B) Munchkin
C) Dixit (do they even have sleeves this big?)
D) Forbidden Island
E) Bohnanza
F) Citadels
G) Settlers of Cataan
H) Cataan Junior
I) Dominant Species
J) Formula (card racing game)
K) Monopoly
L) King of Tokyo
M) Uno
N) Love Letter

2) What other family games do you recommend?
The above games were recommended by employees of local game stores. I try to purchase locally to support the local game stores.
I own the above games.

Thanks in advance!

KT

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Smith
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Monopoly: I guess you are thinking about sleeving the incident cards, not the money (hopefully). If I take the cost of Monop. into account, I´d recommend not to sleeve it at all.

Quote:
C) Dixit (do they even have sleeves this big?)

Yes, they exist.

Always know your "cost of sleeving : price of the game" ratio! If my calculations end up with results like I had to pay as much as the game costs to sleeve it, I mostly don´t sleeve it.

Generations of kids played UNO without any sleeves.

Take my opinion FWIW, if you want to sleeve them all, it is definitely possible! If you want to support your local business, why not enter their stores and ask them "What sleeves do you recommend for the following games: ... "??

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clare Cannon
Wales
Trefforest
Mid Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mb
If you have the FFG version of talisman then they have a little box on the back of the packaging telling you how many pack and of which colour of their own brand of clear sleeves you will need to sleeve the game completely.

king of tokyo should fit in standard MtG sleeves

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
I recommend to use sleeves that fit the cards exactly. (It's not always obvious.) whistle

I use medium-thickness/cost/quality sleeves (Arcane Tinmen Boardgame Sleeves 4 eur / 100), but also their Dragon Sleeves (8 eur / ~100). There are many other manufacturers in the NA.

You can get most of the sleeving information from a couple of geeklists here in BGG.

The old one: Card Sleeve Sizes for Games - A (not yet) comprehensive list of games and what size their cards are
The new one (updated): Card Sleeve Sizes for Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javed Mirza
Canada
Oakville
Ontario
flag msg tools
a1bert wrote:
I recommend to use sleeves that fit the cards exactly. (It's not always obvious.) whistle

I use medium-thickness/cost/quality sleeves (Arcane Tinmen Boardgame Sleeves 4 eur / 100), but also their Dragon Sleeves (8 eur / ~100). There are many other manufacturers in the NA.

You can get most of the sleeving information from a couple of geeklists here in BGG.

The old one: Card Sleeve Sizes for Games - A (not yet) comprehensive list of games and what size their cards are
The new one (updated): Card Sleeve Sizes for Games

Thanks I will check out this list!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.