sygyzy
United States
Goleta
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see there are four Hull Breach releases, but I assume the latter three are the ones to focus on. Is it safe to assume Corporate Wars is the base game? I see that Loyalty & Vigilance is a stand alone expansion. Which is the best one to start off with?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Owen
United States
Munster
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't really matter which one you start with but I will say that it's an LCG and specific cards are only available in each set. So it depends on if you want to play hardcore or casual, I personally just left the decks pre-constructed. We occasionally play in my game group and i have the players choose the faction they want and give a brief overview of how the deck is built.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sygyzy
United States
Goleta
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I am slightly turned off by the LCG aspect. I haven't expanded Android: Netrunner for the same reason - I just haven't really gotten into it and even if I did, I think I don't want to keep buying expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Hull Breach!
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
publisher
Jeffrey is right on. It really doesn't matter which one you pick up if your not interested in the game universe's storyline(A fiction supplement comes in each box. We plan on launching a kickstarter, once we wrap up our Organized Play, that will focus on nonrandomized booster packs.

-AJ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ryan
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have both the CW and L&V sets, so 6 decks total, and just pick decks randomly every time we play. They play well out of the box, but my group also typically doesn't rack up 100+ plays of a game, so we're fine with using the preconstructed starting decks. In our younger days, we'd spend all kinds of time working on decks for various CCGs, but nowadays, we just want to get in and play.

So from that perspective, I'm using it more as a standard card game rather than LCG and am digging it in that way. I think either set would be good to start with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Hull Breach!
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
publisher
My personal favorite is Loyalty & Vigilance due to the variety. Every deck in that box is a different faction type. Also grab the Skirmish and Additional Multiplayer Rules free on our website http://www.hullbreachgame.com/skip-the-rules/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Owen
United States
Munster
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hullbreachthegame wrote:
My personal favorite is Loyalty & Vigilance due to the variety. Every deck in that box is a different faction type. Also grab the Skirmish and Additional Multiplayer Rules free on our website http://www.hullbreachgame.com/skip-the-rules/

Yea I did that for my third game we played 5 players and it plays pretty well multiplayer, would probably be better if we add the can't be attacked more than once until your next turn rule though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Hull Breach!
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
publisher
That's actually in the Additional Multiplayer Rules text

"New 3rd party and up multiplayer rules

If a Commander is attacked by an opponent and survives, that Commander may not be attacked again until the end of his or her next turn. Event and Tactic cards may be played on that commander as normal.

Example: (In a 3 player game)Player 1 attacks player 3 and is repelled. Player 2 may only attack player 1 or skip his Engagement phase. Player 3 takes a full turn as normal and is now eligible to be attacked."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.