Hide
3 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: 2x Social Engineering & Reina: Worth it? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad McCoy
msg tools
I'm sure we've all considered the Reina + Xanadu + Rook tax build, and maybe some of us has seen success with it.

I was curious if anyone is planning on running Social Engineering with Reina + Xanadu, to offset its 2c cost to pure rez cost profits. Would it be a worthwhile card to run in the midgame, even once, to yield 7+ credits on the inevitable big piece of ICE after the Corp plays all their Quandrys and Ice Walls.

If not, how do you value influence and economy cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R N
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm not sure if Social Engineering is really an economy card. You only get credits if the corp chooses to rez, and in many cases the ICE will be cheap enough that you will only gain a small number of credits.

Rook and Social Engineering have some anti-synergy in that they both make it less likely for the corp to rez the ICE. Sometimes you will have Rook on some ICE and then play Social Engineering and only one was really needed to keep the ICE from rezing.

Xanadu is not a great card, and I don't think it will be good enough even if you are running Social Engineering.

In any case, I very much doubt that you will get 7+ credits. Look at the ICE in top NBN right now and you'll see that the base cost on pretty much all the ICE is very low. Hitting the handful of expensive ICE is very unreliable without exposing the card first, which isn't great either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe P
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea of Social Engineering, could be worth it with Blackguard, maybe Crescentus, but maybe not in Reina, maybe Silhouette?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.