Roy Stephens
United States
Winter Garden
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Collective OP 1: First Contact Organized Play event will be held on 8/2/2014 at:

Game Kastle: 1350 Coleman Ave, Santa Clara, California 95050

REGISTRATION begins at 10 AM. PLAY begins at 12 noon. Entry fee is $20 and includes a blind drafted exclusive ship. 30 points from this ship and/or its upgrades has to be included in your fleet. Come prepared with a 90 point fleet and then add 30 points from the ship you draft for a total of 120 points. Please arrive early to allow time to modify your fleet with this new ship so that play can start on time. Special thematic build options will apply for additional prize support.

Pre-registration signup at http://www.wizkidseventsystem.com/event.php?EVENT_ID=81396

THEMATIC BUILD RULES FOR THIS EVENT.
As always, we try to have additional prize support based on thematic builds. This time, due to the unusual nature of the fleet building in this event, owing to the blind booster pack ships, there will be a few different build options, but none as involved as the era builds from Tholian Web and Arena. As always, additional prizes are based on attendance.
1st and 2nd place will be awarded prize ships as always.
Additional ships (attendance allowing) will be awarded for:

Highest finishing (other than 1st and 2nd overall) Borg-free fleet.
Highest finishing (other than 1st and 2nd overall) fleet of 4 or more ships.
Highest finishing (other than 1st and 2nd overall) FACTION PURE 90 point list (this means the 90 point list you build PRIOR TO RECEIVING the blind-booster ship).

In the event that a fleet qualifies for more than one prize, the additional prize(s) will be awarded to the next closest ranking qualifier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tsuk
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be bringing my excess Dominion War resources/terrain for anyone who wants some.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
Winter Garden
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rtsuk wrote:
I'll be bringing my excess Dominion War resources/terrain for anyone who wants some.

I was thinking we could have a buffet table and use the DS9 tokens as paper plates! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tsuk
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And Fed fighters as cupcake toppers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

California
msg tools
My friend and I might come to this. Is there a cap on the number of players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
Winter Garden
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deusface wrote:
My friend and I might come to this. Is there a cap on the number of players?

Eventually, yes... i mean, if we had like 60 people show up or something. laugh

We had 10 for Tholian and 12 for Arena. We also supported 16 for Dominion War OP 4. We can support more. I don't think there will be any problem where we wind up having to turn folks away.

If you are going to be able to attend (and I hope you can!), please go ahead and register at http://www.wizkidseventsystem.com/event.php?EVENT_ID=81396, that way I can have a handle on knowing how much table space is needed, etc...

Hope to see you there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

California
msg tools
I have a couple of last questions since I don't know how this store runs things.

Now since the Counter Attack Die is given out at the Borg OP1, can I use that at this store's OP1 if I got it from another event? Also, another similar question. Can I use the blind booster ship I got from another store at this event?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
Winter Garden
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deusface wrote:
I have a couple of last questions since I don't know how this store runs things.

Now since the Counter Attack Die is given out at the Borg OP1, can I use that at this store's OP1 if I got it from another event? Also, another similar question. Can I use the blind booster ship I got from another store at this event?

I always allow use of that month's resource at the event, so, yes to the Counter Attack Die.

You may use a blind booster from another store's event, however, you MUST use the blind booster you get at this event for the 30 points (as though you did not already have a booster).

Now... if you already have, say, the USS Yaeger and your 90 point fleet does NOT include it and you pull it again as your blind booster, show me that it is the booster you pulled for this event and you may use your already opened one for the 30 points and keep your new Yaeger sealed for trading purposes AFTER the event.

If you have won the Vulcan prize ship from Collective OP1 (Or Raven from OP2) at another store, you may not use it or any of its upgrades in this event. I only allow prize ships from previous months' events.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
Winter Garden
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
*bump for visibility*

Event is happening tomorrow! Registration begins at 10 am.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Evans
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let the assimilationing begin!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.