Subject: Rolling a die for turn order rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jimmy Superfly Snuka
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the only thing I can find to complain about in this game is the end game of the last player to act normally winning, would it hurt to add a dice roll to determine the turn order?

Watching people leave a temp VP on purpose just so they have less VP so they can go last seems kind of unsportsmanlike. I'd rather let dumb luck decide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Bey
United States
Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see VP manipulation as being a part of the strategic gameplay. Vying for turn order control is a valid strategy.

HOWEVER, I've also seen this tactic backfire... purposefully forgoing a VP allows another player to "run away" with the VP race. Sure the lower VP player gets to go last, but sometimes it's a matter of too little, too late.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Day

League City
Texas
msg tools
mb
Snotwalker wrote:
I see VP manipulation as being a part of the strategic gameplay. Vying for turn order control is a valid strategy.

HOWEVER, I've also seen this tactic backfire... purposefully forgoing a VP allows another player to "run away" with the VP race. Sure the lower VP player gets to go last, but sometimes it's a matter of too little, too late.

I too have seen this.

The person who goes last has a huge, huge advantage. Making that person random wouldn't really improve the game, IMO. It's almost be like randomly giving victory to somebody.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.