Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
30 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: [deck] Trepanation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phillip (pj) Fry
msg tools
mbmb
Here is the deck I have been playing for some time now. A mix of the, now named "stimshop" deck, and the idea of spaming events, this one happens to be stimhack. The deck is fast and kinda cray-cray, but a blast to play.

Chaos Theory

Icebreaker
Ninja x1 **
Gordian blade x2
Snowball x2

programs
Self-modifying code x3
Magnum Opus

Hardware
R&D interface x3
Hq interface**
logos**
Plascrete Catapace x2
The personal touch

Resource
Aritage codebusting x2
Public Sympathy x3
personal workshop x3
same old thing x3

Event

quality time x2
deja vu x2****
stimhack x3***
diesel x3
planned assault**
levy ar lab access

run fast and smart. Make sure your workshop is loaded or you have a smc out when running early with stimhack to make sure you use all the extra credits. You will get your rig out very, very fast. Ideas and stuff are welcome. Thanks for looking.
2 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon bradford
msg tools
mbmb
I take it you're playing Chaos Theory?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I love these kind of balls to the wall runner decks. Might suggest Legwork over HQ interface. It is much better as a well-timed surprise. Also, are you Planned Assaulting you Stimhacks? Seems a bit excessive, but that is the style. Legwork would give you another Planned target.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip (pj) Fry
msg tools
mbmb
Yeah...I just fixed it. I posted it on my phone and it was hard to proof read, so I said screw it, sorry about that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip (pj) Fry
msg tools
mbmb
bigloo33 wrote:
I love these kind of balls to the wall runner decks. Might suggest Legwork over HQ interface. It is much better as a well-timed surprise. Also, are you Planned Assaulting you Stimhacks? Seems a bit excessive, but that is the style. Legwork would give you another Planned target.


I had legwork in the deck, just switched it to try it out, thinking is with workshop and the hacks, I can play the interface for free. planned Assault is great Early, but sucks late. What would you change it for?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wray
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love seeing decklists like this, because I'm not sure I would have ever warped my brain in this direction. The card choices are really interesting.

What prompted the choice of Ninja over Mimic? The ability to pump and break (however inefficient)? The singleton Personal Touch is interesting, too. What's your normal target for that?

How do your games normally play out? What is your mulligan strategy? Start of game, do you draw heavily to make sure you get out a Personal Workshop or two and plenty of stuff loaded up on it?

This looks crazy agressive, I like it! Thanks for the list.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cynchwyrm wrote:
What prompted the choice of Ninja over Mimic?


This deck won't work without pumpable breakers. Otherwise you're one Archer away from hating life.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wray
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
cynchwyrm wrote:
What prompted the choice of Ninja over Mimic?


This deck won't work without pumpable breakers. Otherwise you're one Archer away from hating life.


Isn't that applicable to just about any deck without Datasucker/Parasite?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R N
United States
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Pretty cool to see a StimShop deck again. I'm not so sure that you should spam Stimhack, but it is a strong combo.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Deliveryman wrote:
bigloo33 wrote:
I love these kind of balls to the wall runner decks. Might suggest Legwork over HQ interface. It is much better as a well-timed surprise. Also, are you Planned Assaulting you Stimhacks? Seems a bit excessive, but that is the style. Legwork would give you another Planned target.


I had legwork in the deck, just switched it to try it out, thinking is with workshop and the hacks, I can play the interface for free. planned Assault is great Early, but sucks late. What would you change it for?


I run a stoopid aggressive Ken deck (this one looks big rig in comparison ) that runs 3x assault, so I can always make it work, but your analysis is spot on. Maybe use the influence for Corroder and swap Snowball for Same Old Thing for Stims?

Edit: oops, already at 3x SOT. Maybe a single Dirty laundry or just a Quality Time?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A single Modded might not be awful. Help you get out that Ninja and start running. Or, Opus and get dat money, boss.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cynchwyrm wrote:
locusshifter wrote:
cynchwyrm wrote:
What prompted the choice of Ninja over Mimic?


This deck won't work without pumpable breakers. Otherwise you're one Archer away from hating life.


Isn't that applicable to just about any deck without Datasucker/Parasite?


You asked why Ninja over Mimic. Given that he didn't have suckers I stated the obvious.

The only oversight I would think was a lack of a Femme, but that's just me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip (pj) Fry
msg tools
mbmb
cynchwyrm wrote:
I love seeing decklists like this, because I'm not sure I would have ever warped my brain in this direction. The card choices are really interesting.

What prompted the choice of Ninja over Mimic? The ability to pump and break (however inefficient)? The singleton Personal Touch is interesting, too. What's your normal target for that?

How do your games normally play out? What is your mulligan strategy? Start of game, do you draw heavily to make sure you get out a Personal Workshop or two and plenty of stuff loaded up on it?

This looks crazy agressive, I like it! Thanks for the list.


sorry, netrunner night, where I went 3-1 with this deck, only dieing to a double snare in a hand of three.
To answer some of your questions:
1) can't pump Mimic
2) personal touch goes on Ninja. makes archer cheap, and that Double headed dog too
3) games play like... get things out to use stimhack on, run, run, run, work to get the rainbow out early. Late game play big rig, stimming to get in servers that are on lock down.
4) yes load the workshops, but do not ignore the Corp, and close those Windows they think they have.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Glenn
msg tools
mb
Ninja seems really inefficient. Even with a personal touch, tsurugi, neural katana, and caduceus are all really popular and will make you spend a lot of dough, and the problem gets worse if you don't find the 1-of. And I'm sure I'm missing some. Methinks femme is way better. At least you could just bypass the big guys, and maybe have a sharpshooter for emergencies?

Logos and HQ interface also seem out of place. With logos as a singleton, getting it before they score points is not guaranteed. The extra hand size is cool, but I doubt its necessary. One public sympathy eats two stimhack, that's probably enough IMHO. That 4 influence could go for another planned assault and a legwork.

Have you thought about playing feedback filter in this deck? It doesn't take up memory, and could save your bacon from random brain damage and something like stimhacking into a psychic field, which would kill you. And mid run you could spend stim money!

The last bit is the opus and armitage. Have you thought about just replacing the quality time and opus with professional contacts? You want to be drawing a lot, and it has great synergy with workshop and public sympathy. Or maybe I just love contacts too much.

And by the way, I'm building this deck right now. It looks absolutely brutal. Congrats for coming up with a novel chaos list, can't wait to play it!

Edit: also, the first list I've seen where nobody argued you need sure gamble! Congrats!

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wray
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
also, the first list I've seen where nobody argued you need sure gamble! Congrats!


You need Sure Gamble. But not really.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip (pj) Fry
msg tools
mbmb
I had 3 codebusting, but took one out for opus, which you need for late game. Before I would run out of money, and stimming becomes bad once you get to 8 or so brain damage...even if I have had 12 at one point and won. PC over quality time could work, and filter sounds pro in this, will have to find a spot. Two planned Assault is over kill, but one seems right. I like femme, but is it really that much better over Ninja? I thought Ninja was the best sentry breaker for a long time, and femme was out then too.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Deliveryman wrote:
I had 3 codebusting, but took one out for opus, which you need for late game. Before I would run out of money, and stimming becomes bad once you get to 8 or so brain damage...even if I have had 12 at one point and won. PC over quality time could work, and filter sounds pro in this, will have to find a spot. Two planned Assault is over kill, but one seems right. I like femme, but is it really that much better over Ninja? I thought Ninja was the best sentry breaker for a long time, and femme was out then too.


Umm, how did you get to 12 brain damage and not die?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip (pj) Fry
msg tools
mbmb
3 public Sympathy 1 logos and your handsize = 6+1+5=12. But what happened is I had 8 brain damage them face planted into ab Janis took 4 so 12, but I had QTed so I had 6 cards in hand with only 2 PS out, I stole the winning agenda, right before I would die at the end of turn.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Frisk
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
MIND|GAMES
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Deliveryman wrote:
3 public Sympathy 1 logos and your handsize = 6+1+5=12. But what happened is I had 8 brain damage them face planted into ab Janis took 4 so 12, but I had QTed so I had 6 cards in hand with only 2 PS out, I stole the winning agenda, right before I would die at the end of turn.


There should be additional (posthumous) prestige in tournaments associated with brain damage flatlines after runner agenda victory.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wray
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deliveryman wrote:
3 public Sympathy 1 logos and your handsize = 6+1+5=12. But what happened is I had 8 brain damage them face planted into ab Janis took 4 so 12, but I had QTed so I had 6 cards in hand with only 2 PS out, I stole the winning agenda, right before I would die at the end of turn.


Dood. Drugs are bad, m'kaaay.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Armstrong
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Captain_Frisk wrote:
Deliveryman wrote:
3 public Sympathy 1 logos and your handsize = 6+1+5=12. But what happened is I had 8 brain damage them face planted into ab Janis took 4 so 12, but I had QTed so I had 6 cards in hand with only 2 PS out, I stole the winning agenda, right before I would die at the end of turn.


There should be additional (posthumous) prestige in tournaments associated with brain damage flatlines after runner agenda victory.


Happened to me (Runner at 6 BD at end of turn, no modifiers) at Durham, NC regionals. So much fun!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Deliveryman wrote:
3 public Sympathy 1 logos and your handsize = 6+1+5=12. But what happened is I had 8 brain damage them face planted into ab Janis took 4 so 12, but I had QTed so I had 6 cards in hand with only 2 PS out, I stole the winning agenda, right before I would die at the end of turn.


Achievement unlocked!! Spamming stimhacks sounds super fun. You could also use borrowed satellite, for link and hand size. I use 2x borrowed satellite in my Exile deck.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip (pj) Fry
msg tools
mbmb
Boogie knights wrote:

And by the way, I'm building this deck right now. It looks absolutely brutal. Congrats for coming up with a novel chaos list, can't wait to play it!




have you been able to take it on a few runs yet? If so what did you think of it? What changes have you made to it? And are you going to keep playing it? Sorry just trying to pick your brain a bit.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wray
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deliveryman wrote:
Boogie knights wrote:

And by the way, I'm building this deck right now. It looks absolutely brutal. Congrats for coming up with a novel chaos list, can't wait to play it!




have you been able to take it on a few runs yet? If so what did you think of it? What changes have you made to it? And are you going to keep playing it? Sorry just trying to pick your brain a bit.


This is on my list to try out. I have a chess deck to take for a spin this weekend, though. Maybe the next weekend.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wray
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thread necro!

I never got a chance to try this deck idea out, but I threw my own version together to try tomorrow night:

I dropped Logos for Dinosaurus x2, ditched Personal Touch. I dropped HQ interface, too (though I may regret it - shall see). Those changes let me replace Snowball with Corroder.

I took a risk and left out the Plascrete, but it allowed me to put in Order of Sol x2. I'm really interested in the interaction with it and Personal Workshop. I increased Armitage to x3.

These are the changes I will test tomorrow. But,

Now for my conundrum. I really like the idea of possibly droping Dinosaurus and using Box-E instead, then switching to Dagger over Ninja. That means wanting things like Cloak or Ghost Runner to power it. I want the better efficiency of Dagger and Cloak, plus the general utility of Cloak(s), but I'm worried about getting the combo out and how to find deck space.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.