Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Romulan anitmatter mine spam? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Downey
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Sadly, my peeps are all over this board so I'm probably going to get a lot of ribbing for even suggesting this but...

Could you drop a butt load of antimatter mines on the cube and run away to the back end of the board (with what's left of your fleet)? Then every turn you get to dump 16 attack die on the cube. That's assuming you can get to the cube and dump your load of course

Now let's say your fleet is wiped off the map - do you still continue to get points from the mine attacks until the end of the game? Maybe all of this was covered in the FAQ or something - I dunno...

Romulan Bird of Prey (16)
Romulan Captain (0)
Antimatter Mines (6)
Interphase Generator (3)
Ship SP: 25

Romulan Captain (0)
Antimatter Mines (6)
Interphase Generator (3)

Romulan Captain (0)
Antimatter Mines (6)
Interphase Generator (3)

Romulan Captain (0)
Antimatter Mines (6)
Interphase Generator (3)

Total Build SP: 100

Generated by STAW Builder
http://www.dracossoftware.com/STAWHome.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan M D Thomas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Antimatter mines require a rear arc. Won't work with the romulan ships.

You'd need to switch to nova/miranda ships.

edit: mines are not allowed in the OP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Holsclaw
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to say, but Antimatter Mines are useless to Romulans. They can only be dropped out of a rear arc, and so far the Romulans don't have a single ship with one.

EDIT: Ninja'd

(also, what's wrong with Cloaked Mines?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe anti matter mines can only be fired out of a rear arc. Romulan ships don't have a rear arc. So you have a weapon you can't use, sorry bro that build just won't work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmdt784 wrote:

And in any case, as ruled in earlier (DS9) missions, 'stationary ships' only take damage from the initial throw of the mines. They don't take damage on subsequent turns. (And it IS only the initial throw that does damage, so only antimatter mines work - there is no 'movement' to trigger other types of mines)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skyguard
msg tools
mbmb
jmdt784 wrote:

I believe all we have currently ruled on is that Cloaked Mine are out for OP2 and OP3 of the collective

Sorry I was wrong on this, Chris G had thumb up this post on the FAQ, so all mines are out for OP2 and OP3

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/16247921#16247921

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Little
United States
Kissimmee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
edowney wrote:
Now let's say your fleet is wiped off the map

The round would end immediately after your last ship was destroyed.

From the Storyline Organized Play Instructions > Battle Rounds:
"A Battle Round ends when one player is eliminated or the time limit is reached."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Downey
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Ah, yeah forgot about the rear arc...darn it. I drew up another list with the defiant dropping two mines but if you only get one turn of damage then it's a waste...

I originally looked at the cloaked mines 'cause I used the crap out of them in the tholian web op but you have to dump them out two away from enemy ships and since the cube doesn't move it didn't seem like a good idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.