Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondered if anyone has Rob's foam core storage solution for Caverna and had any opinions they could share. I currently use plano boxes, but that storage looks much cleaner and nicer, but I'd like to try and get more info before spending ~$60 on it. Thanks.

Bruce

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Delmeby
Sweden
Bromma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if this storage solution. Mind sharing a link?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.searing.me/robstore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bologna
BO
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't had any direct experience but I can tell you what I think: it looks very clean, and well made... if you never store/transport your box vertically.

That is the only reason I haven't bought it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Perucca
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
I've looked them over for ideas -- because I make my own inserts. Personally, I think inserts should serve two purposes: 1) organized storage, and 2) rapid deployment. I think Rob's inserts are great at #1, but sometimes fall short of my requirements for #2. But, if you're not too picky (I'm too picky), I think his prices are about right, knowing the effort required to make those things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Perez
United States
Terrell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I made my own foamcore insert for Caverna. It's similar to one you can find blueprints for in the files section, although I made several modifications.

As for being able to transport the box and store vertically, I can do so without any worries. The various compartments and level fit together quite precisely, and none of the pieces fall outside of their respective compartments.

I'll also echo the sentiment that creating the insert was a rather time-consuming task, although it was only the second one I created (my insert for Terra Mystica being the first), so I was still a bit slow. I don't think ~$40 is terribly unreasonable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
m p
England
flag msg tools
The price looks reasonable and the product itself looks good.

I decided to make my own instead of buying though, once you have bought the initial equipment (decent craft knife, ruler, cutting mat) the foamcore itself isn't expensive and it's relatively easy to put them together.

I'd say if you're only interested in the one insert, buy it, otherwise I'd recommend making them yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mjp1987 wrote:
The price looks reasonable and the product itself looks good.

I decided to make my own instead of buying though, once you have bought the initial equipment (decent craft knife, ruler, cutting mat) the foamcore itself isn't expensive and it's relatively easy to put them together.

I'd say if you're only interested in the one insert, buy it, otherwise I'd recommend making them yourself.

I woudl if I had any sort of ability to do it. I tried making one for Among the Stars and it was a disaster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ISO Haven
msg tools
mbmbmb
Just FYI, these guys are working on a Caverna solution. Made out of wood so not glued together foam:

http://www.thebrokentoken.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.