Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
matt way
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought this and have run a few solo games with 2 agents. But I keep finding that criminals are rare and often not worth messing with. You get the same influence reward for neutralizing an assasin or a bomb but the criminal requires a lot more resources. You only need 2 hits on an assasissin but often 3-4 for a criminal. Yet you may spend the same number of ammo on both.
I have yet to hit any upgrade bonus. Due to the distribution (4 bombs, 4 assasin, 6 criminal tokens) there are usually many non criminal tokens in play. So a turn goes - free move somewhere. Search for items. Then move to bomb/assasin. Defuse/capture for 1 influence and then recruit for another 1 influence. So you can score 2 influence a turn often.
But for a criminal you may have to double your hits (from 2 to 4). And even if you win you still have to do another action to capture them or they get scooped up by your opponent.
Not to mention criminals do no damage on their own, so you seem to spend more time defending your informants from being lost to bombs or assasins rather than chasing harmless criminals.

Am I playing this wrong or have I missed something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefaan Henderickx
Belgium
Kallo
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are missing the fact that when you turn them in you get the credits in the blue circle (one of the only ways to earn big money), you can build informants with them which give you protection and influence in the end. Second thing you are missing is the syndicate bonus in the end. Even if you cannot collect more than 1 criminal, he scores you 1 more point in the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Buonocore
United States
BOYNTON BEACH
FL
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To add to Stefan's reply...

We recently uploaded the first "Misson" for Rogue Agent, called "Shadow Watch", and this focuses on the... Criminals!

Playing this Mission ensures that more Criminals are on the board, as well as loosens the game up to ensure more Arrests are made. Give this a try for a more "criminally focused" game.

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games LLC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ausloos
Belgium
Ranst
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The syndicate bonus can create a very attractive bonus.
If you deliver 2 red syndicate criminals (as an example) you receive an additional 3 influence in return, on top of the 2 for subduing them.
With 3 of the same color you are looking at a massive 6 influence.

As Stephen said, I would strongly recommend to try out "Shadow watch".
This puts a major focus on the hunt for criminals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.