Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Some observations and predictions.

(1) Buffalo Bills will win the AFC East. The key for the Bills are their offensive line. If they stay healthy this will be a fun team to watch.

(2) Johnny Manziel will be a spectacular flame out. While Teddy Bridgewater is in Minnesota impressing his teammates with his work ethic Manziel is in Las Vegas partying and being photographed rolling $20 bills into straws (Hmmm, I wonder what you would do with that? ). Cleveland has got to be wishing they could get a do over on the draft pick already.

(3) Dallas will win 4 or fewer games and earn the #1 pick in the 2015 draft where they will draft QB Marcus Mariota out of Oregon. Cleveland will be a close second.

(4) The Rams will be the best last place team in the NFL. Not for long though the way they are stockpiling talent. NFC West is the best division in football without question.

(5) Cordarrelle Patterson is a name you will hear a lot of this year for my Vikings. The team is still rebuilding but this guy is going to light it up.

(6) Defensive rookie of the year will be LB Khalil Mack in Oakland and offensive rookie of the year will be TE Eric Ebron in Detroit (even though I'm tempted to say Sammy Watkins who in the long term will be the better pro).

(7) Who are Kelvin Benjamin and Jason Avant? They're the starting WRs for the Carolina Panthers. Never heard of them before? Neither has Cam Newton. Newton meanwhile had ankle surgery in the off-season to repair damage he incurred from the carrying the weight of the entire friggin offense in 2013.

(8) Jacksonville got a great draft with QN Blake Bortles with the 3rd pick and then getting a pair of steals with Marqise Lee and Allen Robinson in the second round thanks to the depth at WR in the draft. They still won't win more than 5 games this year but that's a nice foundation to build on.

(9) I'm still not happy about my Vikings letting my favorite player in Jared Allen walk away. Yeah he didn't fit the new defense really but the guy's leadership can't be replaced and you will find no one on the field having more fun than Allen. Bears fans you added a truly great player to your team. A future hall of famer.

(10) Someone needs to get Aaron Rogers to stop doing those dumb dumb dumb discount double check commercials. They're almost as bad as any commercial featuring Deion Sanders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jennings
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:

(1) Buffalo Bills will win the AFC East. The key for the Bills are their offensive line. If they stay healthy this will be a fun team to watch.

Good lord. I want some of what you're smoking! I wish that I could be that optimistic about my Bills. I think it all comes down to their offensive line. If they can put together a line that is better than the one they had last year, then I think they can make the playoffs. If not, then I don't see them doing much better than last year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Patriots have Brady and nothing else on offense with the Jets having even less than that. The Dolphins are rebuilding an offensive line that turned their team into a circus last year. Meanwhile the Bills have a solid offense. They already had a nice group of young receivers and then add Sammy Watkins to that. Their defense isn't to shabby either. I don't see them as a Superbowl contender but I think they're a solid choice to win the division.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When does pre-season start? I need to warm up all my "pre-season isn't football" for the dunderheads who complain about their teams losing pre-season games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Favorite Jared Allen story. He was facing a rookie left tackle. Him and this rookie get into it on a first down play when this rookie who is having a hell of a time handling Allen gets his hands under Allen's facemask resulting in Allen getting a nice cut across the bridge of his nose. Allen is furious that the refs don't throw a flag.

So it's 2nd down now. A seriously pissed off Allen is red faced mad. He blows past this rookie. Down hard goes the quarterback! Now it's third down and it's a passing down. Allen doesn't even walk back to the huddle. He's standing at the line of scrimmage just seething. He's glaring at this rookie tackle who as he walks to the line scrimmage is obviously staring at the ground trying as best he can not to look at Allen.

The ball is snapped and Allen just blows this rookie up who goes over backwards as Allen launches himself at the quarterback. The quarterback ends up on the ground hard with Allen on top of him. The poor quarterback didn't do anything but he's the one taking the punishment for it. Next offensive series the rookie tackle is on the bench replaced with his back up. I assume they were hoping Allen wouldn't be as pissed off seeing a new face across the line from him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:

I'll just keep betting on the Patriots until proven otherwise, thank you. (But I really hope you're right on this.)

mrbeankc wrote:
(2) Johnny Manziel will be a spectacular flame out. While Teddy Bridgewater is in Minnesota impressing his teammates with his work ethic Manziel is in Las Vegas partying and being photographed rolling $20 bills into straws (Hmmm, I wonder what you would do with that? ). Cleveland has got to be wishing they could get a do over on the draft pick already.

I would think falling as far in the draft as he did would give him at least a little humility. As if playing in Cleveland alone wouldn't make him humble. I won't rule him a bust until I see him on the field during the regular season, a couple years down the line.

mrbeankc wrote:
(3) Dallas will win 4 or fewer games and earn the #1 pick in the 2015 draft where they will draft QB Marcus Mariota out of Oregon. Cleveland will be a close second.

I would really love to see you nail this prediction, but the NFC East is so mediocre, anyone can win it. And not necessarily with a winning record.

mrbeankc wrote:
(4) The Rams will be the best last place team in the NFL. Not for long though the way they are stockpiling talent. NFC West is the best division in football without question.

No argument here.

mrbeankc wrote:
(7) Who are Kelvin Benjamin and Jason Avant? They're the starting WRs for the Carolina Panthers. Never heard of them before? Neither has Cam Newton. Newton meanwhile had ankle surgery in the off-season to repair damage he incurred from the carrying the weight of the entire friggin offense in 2013.

Eagles fans like myself know very well the name Jason Avant, and I suspect his departure (along with DeSean Jackson), coupled with the potential four-game suspension of OT Lane Johnson, will result in a precipitous dropoff of the Eagles' offense, and a sub-500 season. Lesse how popular Chip Kelly is after that.

mrbeankc wrote:
(10) Someone needs to get Aaron Rogers to stop doing those dumb dumb dumb discount double check commercials. They're almost as bad as any commercial featuring Deion Sanders.

Maybe if he had Allstate, he could've avoided some of the mayhem he endured last season.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Coyotek4 wrote:

Maybe if he had Allstate, he could've avoided some of the mayhem he endured last season.

Those are the best commercials on during football!

Coyotek4 wrote:

mrbeankc wrote:

I would think falling as far in the draft as he did would give him at least a little humility. As if playing in Cleveland alone wouldn't make him humble. I won't rule him a bust until I see him on the field during the regular season, a couple years down the line.

Maybe because Manziel got away with so much in college he thinks he can do the same in the pros but the guy looks like a joke to me at this point.

They say playing quarterback in the NFL is the hardest position in sports. That may be true and if so I don't think as a rookie spending the month before the start of training camp in Las Vegas is the sign of someone who takes it seriously. I'm so glad my Vikings weren't able to trade up to get him and instead got Teddy Bridgewater.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:

Credible until here. whistle

Manziel will be a Todd Marinovich.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Re: NFL Training Camps Open to PLAY
So far, then, 'moi' WERE: "1 for 1" about "SuperBowl Contenders"; through this "Game" Pro Foto-Fooball purchase mid-November last year! READ4'fan' cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Huzonfirst
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's baseball season, people! Not even worth thinking about football until September!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Larry Levy wrote:
It's baseball season, people! Not even worth thinking about football until September!

I'm a Phillies fan. Trust me, all we got is the Eagles right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Culp
United States
Gillette
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:

Its pretty questionable who the 2nd starter is. Benjamin is one spot, after OTA he climbed ahead of the two vets ahead of him. Avant's a possibility but its more likely jerricho cotchery.

the surgery is from an injury in college.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah John but my explanation of the injury is funnier. Newton is a guy who I think has improved so much. It's no longer "me, me, me" with him. He understands he needs to have a team around him. He also understands that he doesn't have one. Next year the team needs to do some serious shopping for offensive goodies for him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Long
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Fly Eagles Fly!
badge
The Cthulhu player, not the Football player.
mbmbmbmbmb
Coyotek4 wrote:
mrbeankc wrote:

Eagles fans like myself know very well the name Jason Avant, and I suspect his departure (along with DeSean Jackson), coupled with the potential four-game suspension of OT Lane Johnson, will result in a precipitous dropoff of the Eagles' offense, and a sub-500 season. Lesse how popular Chip Kelly is after that.

No kidding. Avant was the third-down machine, and I'm really sorry to see him go. That boy caught everything thrown his way for a solid 7 years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want happiness by halves, nor is half of sorrow what I want. Yet there's a pillow I would share, where gently pressed against a cheek like a helpless star, a falling star, a ring glimmers on the finger of a hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:

The other 'benefit' of playing QB in Cleveland is that you get the pleasure of facing 3 of the top 12 defenses twice a year. I'll be getting my popcorn ready!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
Coyotek4 wrote:

mrbeankc wrote:

Maybe because Manziel got away with so much in college he thinks he can do the same in the pros but the guy looks like a joke to me at this point.

They say playing quarterback in the NFL is the hardest position in sports. That may be true and if so I don't think as a rookie spending the month before the start of training camp in Las Vegas is the sign of someone who takes it seriously. I'm so glad my Vikings weren't able to trade up to get him and instead got Teddy Bridgewater.

Does this sway your opinion, or just reinforces it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Manziel's problem next year will be no true #1 WR and no real running game to take pressure off of him. He also can't just chuck the ball and have Mike Evans out jump the defense. I don't think he'll do much of anything until year 3-4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.