8 Posts

Istanbul» Forums » Variants

Subject: Neutral merchand in two players variant. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
julien LE BEC
msg tools
Hello!

In a 2 players game, we can add 3 neutral merchands. When you meet one of them, you pay 2 lyra or do nothing, then you roll dices for move the neutral merchand.

So my question is, if after the move the neutral merchand may come on a place where there is your family member : is it go to the prison? If it is, what happenning for the card or 3 lyra price??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Debien
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
orion1806 wrote:
Hello!

In a 2 players game, we can add 3 neutral merchands. When you meet one of them, you pay 2 lyra or do nothing, then you roll dices for move the neutral merchand.

So my question is, if after the move the neutral merchand may come on a place where there is your family member : is it go to the prison? If it is, what happenning for the card or 3 lyra price??

The family member would not move, but that is an interesting variant!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jochen Balzer
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The family member is not affected by other tokens.

Something we found out in our last game:
A field with 2 or 3 neutral merchants on it is completely out of the game for the normal move onto it. Only by using the family member we used that field (large market). But having that situation only playing with the Kebap Shop makes sense to get the family member back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Ciscato
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a similar question for when a neutral merchant ends up in a place with a player's merchant. It would make sense for the player to get 2 lira from the bank.
So I'm wondering if there is a specific reason why both cases aren't in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Bronswijk
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brunoc wrote:
I had a similar question for when a neutral merchant ends up in a place with a player's merchant. It would make sense for the player to get 2 lira from the bank.

The neutral merchant will never perform any action, so why should he pay 2 lira to the player's merchant?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Ciscato
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a good point.
My reasoning was that the neutral merchants are used to add some random interactions that in a 3-5 player game would be the results of the other player actions. I wouldn't expect the other players to always decide not to take any actions when encountering another merchant.
Then again if getting 2 lira from a neutral merchant implies an action, how do we simulate the effects of that action on the game? Better to leave it as it is. :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
luc bc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my first 2p, my family member was stuck in black market (because my opponent do not have the red bonus so never go to black market).

So the variant could be interesting (neutral marchand sent family member to prison)... or not ! (if we consider that I have made the "bad choice" of sending my family member to the black market, the variant is not fair for my opponent because after some move of the neutrals marchants I will have my family memeber back in prison, but my opponent do not get bonus card or 3£)

I also found interesting the variant saying that neutral marchant "give" (money from bank) 2£ to real player when meeting them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Des
Italy
Capua (Caserta)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I meet neutral merchant at the Fountain, I don't pay it. But I have to roll the dice to move neutral merchant in another location? I think so.
Anyway, each time I meet a neutral merchant, I have to roll dice to move it, even if I don't pay anything?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.