Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
So I am working on my feeble squad building skills and have come up with the following squad:

Turr Phennir — TIE Interceptor 25
Push the Limit 3
Targeting Computer 2

Saber Squadron Pilot — TIE Interceptor 21
Push the Limit 3
Targeting Computer 2

Black Squadron Pilot — TIE Fighter 14
Wingman 2

Black Squadron Pilot — TIE Fighter 14
Wingman 2

Academy Pilot — TIE Fighter 12

I have had some success with Turr Phennir with these upgrades in a squad featuring Vader in a Tie Advanced with Engine Upgrade plus three Academy Pilots. After purchasing the Z95 Headhunter expansion, I am curious to try the Wingman card, which allows the removal of a friendly range one ship's stress token at the beginning of combat. I figure this will increase the maneuverability of the swarm, and help out the Interceptors with the inevitable Push the Limit stress tokens.

What do you guys/gals think? Any advice or feedback? I appreciate any and all help, as I am still wrapping my head around squad building.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Cordeiro
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My concern with wingman in this situation is that you have to keep the Blacks in range 1 of the interceptors. However, the ints want to stay highly maneuverable, staying out of firing arcs with boosts and barrel rolls. That makes it difficult for the blacks to stay right with them. So, I can see the wingman upgrade being sometimes but not always useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The R5Donth Star II
Canada
Hamilton
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like that combo on Turr with the Wingmen. He should be able to get 4 actions off a turn- NICE!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
R5Don4 wrote:
I like that combo on Turr with the Wingmen. He should be able to get 4 actions off a turn- NICE!

PtL can only trigger once per turn, as far as I know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeykins wrote:
R5Don4 wrote:

PtL can only trigger once per turn, as far as I know.
It does specify on the card "once per round".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now the new A Wing who can boost of barrel roll when he gets a Focus- he could potentially finish out a turn having a TL, two focus tokens, an evade token, and having boosted and barrel rolled.

Move-TL-Focus from kyle-barrel roll-focus from garvin-boost-PtL Evade
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J H
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Overall, I like it, man. I'll echo the concerns that it'll be challenging for the Wingmen to keep up, though. I don't know how many uses of Wingman equals 2 points per, but I think it could work.

I really like TC on PTL squints (I think I talked about it in another thread of yours). Saving PTL to get a post-shot Boost AND BR out of Turr is pretty powerful if you can fly it right.

You should have a decent idea (with PS7) of whether you can Push for TL+F, Wingman, post-shot BR OR Boost, or;

Focus the shot, then Push for post-shot BR AND Boost.

GL!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Vallador wrote:
Overall, I like it, man. I'll echo the concerns that it'll be challenging I really like TC on PTL squints (I think I talked about it in another thread of yours). Saving PTL to get a post-shot Boost AND BR out of Turr is pretty powerful if you can fly it right.
GL!

You did talk about it on another thread. In fact I flew your suggested changes to my squad tonight at the FLGS and almost beat a much more experienced player (Darth in advanced ended up chasing Lando in a falcon - 1HP left each - came right down to the wire).

Thanks, as always, for the feedback!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.