6 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Strategy

Subject: B-Wings rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lanthal Rowning
Australia
flag msg tools
I like the B-Wing because it can be a heavy hitter and absorbs a lot of crits with its five shields. I'm trying to find a way to have an effective list that has

Blue Sq. w/ Advanced Sensors + HLC x2 (64pts)

I like the idea of Advanced sensors a lot to get around asteroids etc.

I thought about throwing in Airen Cracken w/ Swarm Tactics (21pts) to boost one of the B's up to PS8 but that leaves me with 15 points still to spend.

I could upgrade the B's with Engine Upgrade to make them even more maneuverable (and give me more options with Adv. Sensors) and then give Cracken an Assault missile with munitions failsafe but that seems like a lot of points in those Bs.

Blue Sq. w/ Advanced Sensors + HLC + Engine Upgrade x2 (72pts)
Airen Cracken w/ Swarm Tactics + Assault Missile + Munitions Failsafe (27pts)
Total: 99

Alternatively I could drop the advanced sensors on both Bs which gives me just enough for a Rookie X-wing giving me more hit points.

Blue Sq. w/ HLC x2 (58pts)
Airen Cracken w/ Swarm Tactics (21pts)
Rookie Pilot (21pts)

Total 100pts.

I feel like I'm over doing something here. Are 2x HLC worth the 14pts or would that be better spent elsewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Woodworth
Japan
flag msg tools
How about 3x bandit squadron z95 for blocking?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Garrison
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BSP HLC AS 32
Ibtisam HLC AS ST 40
Tarn Mison R2-D6 opportunist 28

Bumping one of your blues to Ibby and adding swarm tactics, let's both HLCs fire at ps6. That leaves room for Tarn to fire at ps3 with opportunist and possibly a free target lock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lanthal Rowning
Australia
flag msg tools
I thought about losing the HLCs to experiment a bit.

Thought about:

2x BSP w/ Advanced Sensors
Cracken w/ Swarm Tactics
Roark w/ Blaster turret + Recon Spec + Moldy Crow

Roark and Cracken can pump both of my b-wings to high PS giving them first shot, additionally, Cracken can give an extra action like a target lock to one of the b-wings to help them hit or a barrel roll to pull one out of a firing arc once they've had their shot.

Just have to watch out for Carnor Jax. That bloody TIE stops me firing my blaster turret!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Reynolds
United States
mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I love my Bwings and for a long time I always put on HLC but I have found I can use those points more effectively elsewhere at most I will put HLC on one of them but usually I find an extra ship more valuable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD Dibrell
United States
Klamath Falls
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I greatly enjoy my B-wings & find them to be awesome ships.

I do also find them to be potentially incredible point sinks. As such I findthem bbest with as few upgrades as possible because with their sheer durability they do ok at low PS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.