Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Gordon
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday, I finally scored a copy of the starter set of AvX. Sadly, no one in town has any boosters, but I'll find some eventually. Since yesterday, I've been scouring the forums of the announced IPs that will join the Dice Masters universe and, for no particular reason, I've decided to share how excited I am for each one, including a couple of 'potential' IPs.

I'm using a rating system of 1-10 (kind of). Avengers vs X-Men get a '10' rating. Any IP that interests me more will go above 10.

Yu-Gi-Oh excitement: 1
Uncanny X-Men: 8
Dungeons and Dragons: 7
DC: Injustice: 8

Some potential IPs that I've seen speculated about on the forums...

G.I. Joe: 6
Transformers: 3
Nintendo/Smash Bros: 15
TMNT (90's cartoon) 20
TMNT (Nickelodeon): 9

As you can see, I'd most be excited by a TMNT set featuring artwork in the same vein as the 90's cartoon.

What other IPs do people hope to see?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
DC: Injustice is coming. This is not spec.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yu-Gi-Oh excitement: (how do you do negative infinite on the keyboard...)
Uncanny X-Men: 9
Dungeons and Dragons: 0
DC Comics: 0
G.I. Joe: 0
Transformers: 0
Nintendo/Smash Bros: 0
TMNT (90's cartoon) 0
TMNT (Nickelodeon): 0

Like with Heroclix, I'll only play Marvel pure. For clix, I have the full Gears of War set, other than that, only Marvel clix.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
DC - 7/8
U-X-men - 9
D&D - 4 (I want to see how they do this. It may go up)

TMNT - 9 - Would be awesome. Especially if you got Be-Bop, Rock Steady, Casey Jones, Krang, etc in on the action. So many characters available for a one off set.

GI Joe - 6 - See TMNT, but it with GI Joe characters.

Transformers - 2

Nintendo/Smash Brothers - 8 - Especially if they bring in the Sega IP too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Gordon
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JBMoby wrote:
DC: Injustice is coming. This is not spec.

Did not know this, thanks. Edited original post.

JBMoby wrote:
TMNT - 9 - Would be awesome. Especially if you got Be-Bop, Rock Steady, Casey Jones, Krang, etc in on the action. So many characters available for a one off set.

Yep, so many characters to throw into a set. In addition to what you listed are: Slash, Leatherhead, Metal Head, Rat King, those kids from Dimension X, Rock Soldiers...many many more. This would be my favorite set by far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
I almost want to play DC, but Marvel released first and I'm unwilling to expand beyond. Interestingly (maybe not to others) I like DC comics better (generally, well at least Batman), but DC has utterly failed IMHO at expanding beyond the small screen in the last 2 decades.

Quote:
RANT BEGINNINGBatman:TAS and the rest of the Timm-verse was wonderful, I enjoy Arrow but am skeptical about the new Flash series, and although I haven't played it, I've heard the recent Batman:Arkham video game franchise was well-executed, but anything on the big screen (besides Nolan's Batman trilogy) has absolutely failed to please, it seems. You'd think that DC might hand the creative reins to Bruce Timm or Paul Dini to put out some movies that work out. RANT END

So I'm unwilling to put any money into the DC end (or other franchises). While I think it might be well-executed, I got Marvel first and mixing sets would bother me too much. I'm fully aware that I might eat my words at some point, but this is how I feel about it now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Gordon
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John85 wrote:
mixing sets would bother me too much.

Mixing sets is part of what excited me, personally. I would love to see Leonardo, Shredder, Slash, and Batman taking on the Avengers.

But yes, I understand why it wouldn't work for some.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John85 wrote:
I almost want to play DC, but Marvel released first and I'm unwilling to expand beyond. Interestingly (maybe not to others) I like DC comics better (generally, well at least Batman), but DC has utterly failed IMHO at expanding beyond the small screen in the last 2 decades.

Quote:
RANT BEGINNINGBatman:TAS and the rest of the Timm-verse was wonderful, I enjoy Arrow but am skeptical about the new Flash series, and although I haven't played it, I've heard the recent Batman:Arkham video game franchise was well-executed, but anything on the big screen (besides Nolan's Batman trilogy) has absolutely failed to please, it seems. You'd think that DC might hand the creative reins to Bruce Timm or Paul Dini to put out some movies that work out. RANT END

So I'm unwilling to put any money into the DC end (or other franchises). While I think it might be well-executed, I got Marvel first and mixing sets would bother me too much. I'm fully aware that I might eat my words at some point, but this is how I feel about it now.

What are your thoughts on the upcoming "Gotham" TV series (on FOX?)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Tedford
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like it, and since nobody asked...here is my excitement ratings as well:

Yu-Gi-Oh = 1 (Really can't express enough why this license detracts from the overall game)
Uncanny X-men - 7
Dungeons and Dragons - 6
DC: Injustice - 10

G.I. Joe - 6
Transformers - 1 (better than Yu-Gi-Oh...but not much)
Nintendo/Smash Bros - 2 (really would just seem too goofy having Mario teaming up with wolverine to fight superman...)
TMNT - 8 (Turtle's in a half shell! Turtle Power!)

Other licenses that I think would be awesome, but of course way way too hard to come by are: Lord of the Rings, Wheel of Time, Any Blizzard IP, Star Wars, Dune...a guy can dream right...cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lauritsen
United States
Michigan City
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have yet to get a hold of a copy of AvX. I think my interest has waned a bit for that version since the the DnD version was announced anyway. I like super heroes, but fantasy is still my number one "nerdy" love since I was first introduced to The Hobbit way back in the 5th grade

I will probably get some of the Marvel and DC ones at some point also I'm sure.

Yu-Gi-Oh: 1
Uncanny X-Men: 7
Dungeons and Dragons: 10
DC: Injustice: 7
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Uncanny X-Men: 10
D&D: 0
Yugioh: 6
DC: 4

Marvel's the only theme I'm really going to collect. I'll buy individual singles from other sets I want based simply on what characters I like. I watched Yugioh for a while when I was younger and while I didn't get all that into it, there's probably a few characters like Kuriboh I won't be able to resist. DC's always been second string to Marvel for me, the only characters I might consider are probably Batman/Batwoman/Swamp Thing. You could probably talk me into a Catwoman with some nice card art though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Smat Denley
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mb
Injustice DC is a separate stand alone game. It isn't a dice masters set. There is not confirmation on a DC Dice Masters set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nicholas funtanilla
msg tools
Smat008 wrote:
Injustice DC is a separate stand alone game. It isn't a dice masters set. There is not confirmation on a DC Dice Masters set.

I believe I remember Mike Eliot say to me in a conversation that Injustice was going to be Comparable ... however, do not quote me on this, I can't seem to find the conversation Thread that we had that day. I do know that he did say in that conversation that DM was going to get DC ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Who
msg tools
mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Smat Denley
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mb
TheGoblynKing wrote:
Smat008 wrote:

I believe I remember Mike Eliot say to me in a conversation that Injustice was going to be Comparable ... however, do not quote me on this, I can't seem to find the conversation Thread that we had that day. I do know that he did say in that conversation that DM was going to get DC ...

Yeah I would put all my money on DC coming to DM. But Injustice is a stand-alone game similar to Quarriors and LotR Dice game.

My ratings are:

DC - 10
more Marvel - 10
D&D - 3
Yu-Gi-Oh - 0
TMNT - 100000000000000000000000000000!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kevster wrote:
Yesterday, I finally scored a copy of the starter set of AvX. Sadly, no one in town has any boosters, but I'll find some eventually. Since yesterday, I've been scouring the forums of the announced IPs that will join the Dice Masters universe and, for no particular reason, I've decided to share how excited I am for each one, including a couple of 'potential' IPs.

I'm using a rating system of 1-10 (kind of). Avengers vs X-Men get a '10' rating. Any IP that interests me more will go above 10.

Yu-Gi-Oh excitement: 1
Uncanny X-Men: 8
Dungeons and Dragons: 7
DC: Injustice: 8

Some potential IPs that I've seen speculated about on the forums...

G.I. Joe: 6
Transformers: 3
Nintendo/Smash Bros: 15
TMNT (90's cartoon) 20
TMNT (Nickelodeon): 9

As you can see, I'd most be excited by a TMNT set featuring artwork in the same vein as the 90's cartoon.

What other IPs do people hope to see?

im glad others are getting on the Super smash bros bandwagon. I have been saying this forever!

Growing up with the turtles comics and 90s show, I actually prefer some of the newer art. As much as I loved the 90s show, i can barely handle watching it now. But the 2003 show is much more watchable, not tomention the new IDW comic run. So Id say i dont want the 90s art

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrWhoWho wrote:

Useful Post

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nicholas funtanilla
msg tools
Hmmm, then all I can say is that I am hoping that you can just use Injustice along with DM with little trouble ... but I am holding out most for a DC Set

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Who
msg tools
mb
JesseOlivier wrote:
DrWhoWho wrote:

Useful Post

sorry, didn't know you were a nintendo fanboy

sick of those games....and that company

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Smat Denley
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mb
TheGoblynKing wrote:
Hmmm, then all I can say is that I am hoping that you can just use Injustice along with DM with little trouble ... but I am holding out most for a DC Set

I wouldn't count on them being at all compatible, but obviously I could be wrong. Still, there will be DC Dice Masters at some point. I don't see how there couldn't be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrWhoWho wrote:
JesseOlivier wrote:
DrWhoWho wrote:

Useful Post

sorry, didn't know you were a nintendo fanboy

sick of those games....and that company

Didn't say I was or not. just saying your post contributed nothing the conversation

But yes i like Nintendo games still. Doesn't make me a fan boy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JBMoby wrote:
John85 wrote:

Quote:

I don't know why DC is divvying up properties b/w multiple networks, but I'm withholding judgement until I read more about it and see it.

I will note that although it picked up at the end of the season, it looks like Marvel can't do a live-action tv series (Agents of SHIELD).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John85 wrote:
JBMoby wrote:
John85 wrote:

Quote:

I don't know why DC is divvying up properties b/w multiple networks, but I'm withholding judgement until I read more about it and see it.

I will note that although it picked up at the end of the season, it looks like Marvel can't do a live-action tv series (Agents of SHIELD).

I wouldnt say they cant do live action shows.. Just not one based on mostly unknown shield agents that have plots regarding other new unknown one timer bad guys ( I didnt like it either but only watched the beginning

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gordy
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JesseOlivier wrote:
DrWhoWho wrote:

Useful Post

To be fair, your post didn't add anything to the thread either. And yes I know mine doesn't yet either, unless you want to talk about subtracting from the original topic.

With that said, here is where my excitement lies

Avengers vs X-Men - 9 (still haven't been able to get my hands on them, though I have just found an online store that had two copies left and I purchased both of them - I will have in 3-5 days)
Uncanny X-Men - 7 (I really wish we could expand beyond the X-Men. I am a fan of X-Men, but there is so much more in Marvel than just the X-Men - and I don't really need yet another version of Wolverine).
DC - 8 (hopefully this will wash the taste of the DC deck-building game from my mouth)
TMNT - 4
D&D - 5
Yugi-Oh - 0
Transformers - 3
GI Joe - 2
Doctor Who - 6
Star Wars - 9 (as long as it isn't movie stills)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gumps wrote:

Star Wars - 9 (as long as it isn't movie stills)

You know it will be, it's wizkids. Look what they did with Star Trek: Attack Wing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.