TTDG
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Name idea: Galaxy Jackals

I think you need a non-attack, but high def, mining unit for each faction. In many scenarios, you'd need to keep at least 1 miner alive.

Can't you do a poll where we can choose 4?

While I normaly love the purple space colors, I thought the fight was planet side? A nuke war, at present, when uranium is sought for and rare, seems like an odd choice. If, OTOH, natives killed themselves off with the nuke war, then all the factions could move in to pick up the trace elements and whatever survived the war.

I think, once you balance the game with 4 factions, you can add 1 more faction at a time during playtesting and keep the balance. But that is a lot of testing to get from 2-4 factions up to 9, adding only 1 at a time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Selwood
United Kingdom
Bedford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From a naming perspective, I would think your nuclear-apocalypse lore is probably a more distinctive aspect of the theme than the space setting is.

Aftermath is a name that seems to have gone unused, if that appeals at all.

Also: if your unit types are focused on mutations and similar, it seems strange to me that this is space conflict, as opposed to a ground based battle, but that may just be me. Spaceships don't reflect mutations well!
(edit- I realise from your other thread that it's likely those space maps are just place-holders and it is ground-based, so ignore this I guess!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Fergin
United States
Baltimore
MD
flag msg tools
Homer Simpson
badge
"Trying is the first step towards failure."
mbmbmbmbmb
I like "Hydrus Skies" the best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ousedaled wrote:
From a naming perspective, I would think your nuclear-apocalypse lore is probably a more distinctive aspect of the theme than the space setting is.

Aftermath is a name that seems to have gone unused, if that appeals at all.

Also: if your unit types are focused on mutations and similar, it seems strange to me that this is space conflict, as opposed to a ground based battle, but that may just be me. Spaceships don't reflect mutations well!

"Aftermath" was the name of a popular post apocalypse RPG by Fantasy Games Unlimited in the 80's
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Boyd
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the idea of Marauders, Inc. Anything reminiscent of Water World is a bonus in my book
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.