Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm working on a solo variant.

In english (excuse my english and ask me anything):

PROVINCE (solo variant) v1.0

GENERAL RULES

Apply game rules except when this rules says opposite. You play against a bot, so choose a color (blue, red) for you and the other for the bot.

WINNING:

Winning conditions are:

The player has built 7 structures. Player wins
The player has claimed all Goal Tokens. Player wins
The bot has built 6 structures (or 5 in hard mode). Bot wins

COMPONENTS:

Additional componentes:

A six-side die

We use all the components of the game except 3 sailor workers and crown.

SETUP:

Player takes:

1 coin - Easy mode
No coins - Normal mode
No coins and bot wins if he builds 5 structures - Hard mode

The bot starts without coins. He use the pot.

TURN ORDER/HOW TO PLAY:

First the player plays, then the bot plays. Player's turn is as described in the rules, except that the structures built first for the bot will not ever be used (his effect) by the player.

The bot's turn has the following steps:
1) Roll a die
2) The value of the die determines the structure that can be build for the bot:
1 - Mill (or Smithy later)
2 - Lender (or Bank later)
3 - Harbor
4 - Union
5 - Camp (or Village later)

To build a bot's structure:
1) If the player has already built this structure, place a bot structure next to it.
2) If not, place a coin (from the pot) next to the label. If the number of coins placed reach the number of Labor (yes, Labor and not Coin) of this structure, recover coins and place a bot structure next to the label. Improvement structures(Smithy, Bank and Village) cost the difference (Labor) between normal and improve structure. For example, Village cost 4-2=2 coins to bot.

If the value of the die matches a structure built by the bot, instead of building the player must mark as used for the next turn (so you can not move them) all workers placed in the top Labor space of Work Cycle.

If the value of the die is 6, the player must mark as used for the next turn (so you can not move them) all workers placed in the top Labor space of Work Cycle. Moreover, the bot will have a new turn with a new die roll.

When a player builds a structure and there are bot coins on it, simply return coins to the pot.

If the bot builds a structure before the player, this structure will not be worth VP for the player, and the player hasn't access to its effects.

Special case: Lender.
If the player builds Lender first, it will give him 1 additional VP at the end, but if the bot builds Lender first, it will give -2 VP to the player. The only way to avoid these -2 VP is returning Lender to the supply by paying 3 coins during player's turn. The Lender hasn't other effects during the game.

The player can claim only a Goal Token per turn.

ENDING THE GAME:

If bot wins, VP for player are 0.
If player wins the VP are calculated as rules says, adding/substracting the Lender VP.

===================================================

In spanish:

PROVINCE (Variante en solitario) v1.0

NORMA GENERAL

Aplican las reglas del juego donde no se diga lo contrario. Jugarás contra un bot, elige un color y el bot elegirá el contrario.

WINNING:

Las condiciones de victoria son las siguientes:

Construir siete estructuras. Ganas y cuentas tus PV
Reclamar todos los Goal Tokens. Ganas y cuentas tus PV
Que el jugador bot construya seis estructuras, en cuyo caso has perdido la partida

COMPONENTS:

Componentes adicionales:

Un dado de seis caras

Utilizaremos el resto de componentes del juego, excepto los 3 marinos del color del bot y la corona.

SETUP:

El jugador decidirá con cuántas monedas empieza el juego:

1 moneda - Juego fácil
Sin monedas - Juego medio
Sin monedas y además le basta con construir 5 estructuras al bot para ganar - Juego difícil

El bot empieza sin monedas, no las necesita. Utilizará las del bote.

TURN ORDER/HOW TO PLAY:

Primero le corresponderá el turno al jugador, después al bot. El turno del jugador se realizará de la forma normal, con la salvedad de que las estructuras que haya construido primero el bot no podrán ser utilizadas nunca por el jugador.

El turno del bot se resolverá con los siguientes pasos:
1) Se lanza un dado
2) El valor del dado determinará qué estructura construye el bot:
1 - Mill (y Smithy cuando esté construido el Mill)
2 - Lender (y Bank cuando esté construido el Lender)
3 - Harbor
4- Union
5 - Camp (y Village cuando esté construido el Camp)

Para construir una estructura el bot debe:
1) Si ya la ha construido previamente el jugador, coloca directamente una casa junto a la tuya
2) Si no está construida previamente por el jugador, coloca una moneda del bote junto a la estructura. Si alcanza el número de Labor (sí, de Labor, no de Coin) de la estructura, la construye automáticamente. Si no deja la moneda para acumular otras posteriormente. Las evoluciones (por ejemplo, de Camp a Village) cuestan en monedas la diferencia entre los Labor. Es decir, un Village cuesta 4-2=2 monedas al bot.

Si el dado lanzado coincide con una estructura ya construida por el bot, en vez de construir el jugador debe marcar como usados para el próximo turno (por lo tanto no podrá moverlos) todos los trabajadores colocados en el círculo superior del Work Cycle.

Si el dado lanzado es un 6, el jugador debe marcar como usados para el próximo turno (por lo tanto no podrá moverlos) todos los trabajadores colocados en el círculo superior del Work Cycle. Además el bot tendrá un nuevo turno con un nuevo lanzamiento de dado.

Cuando un jugador construye una estructura y hay monedas del bot, simplemente las devuelve al bote.

Si el bot construye una estructura antes que el jugador, esta estructura no valdrá PV para el jugador ni podrá utilizar nunca sus propiedas.

Caso especial: Lender.
Si el jugador construye el Lender primero le dará 1 PV adicional al final de la partida, pero si lo construye el bot le dará -2 PV. La única forma de evitar esos -2PV será devolver el Lender al bote, que le costará al jugador 3 monedas. El Lender no proporcionará otra utilidad. Es decir, no tiene el uso que está previsto para dos jugadores.

Sólo se podrá reclamar un Goal Token por turno. Es decir, se reclama uno, se muestra el siguiente y hasta el siguiente turno no se podrá reclamar.

ENDING THE GAME:

Se calculan los PV en caso de victoria. En caso de derrota la puntuación siempre es cero. Se calculan según las reglas, añadiendo los puntos mencionados (positivos o negativos) por el Lender.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Really interesting idea! Thanks for posting it. I'll give it a play test when I get a moment.

How much have you tested it so far? What kind of scores do you get?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santiago Eximeno
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played 10 games (with little changes to adjust the game) and won 3 of them (one claiming 5 Goal Tokens) with 10, 12 and 12 points. But even I think that this variant works, it needs more tests (blind test) for other players, of course.

If you play it please say me what you think about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santiago Eximeno
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played several times this solo variant and I've made two changes:

1) For the bot each structure (include improvements as, for example, Bank) cost always two coins, not his Labor value.

2) Set difficult:

Easy: the player starts with 2 coins and bot wins if he builds 7 structures
Medium: the player starts with 0 coins and bot wins if he builds 7 structures
Hard: the player starts with 0 coins and bot wins if he builds 6 structures

I'll upload a formatted rules document to files as soon as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Z
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for posting this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santiago Eximeno
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Thank you for your interest!

A clarification: The bot can't claim goal tokens, only the player can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh L
United States
Lancaster
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Question: when you say the player hasn't access to a building once a bot has built there, do you mean that the player can never build there, or that even if the player does build there, he doesn't gain the benefits of the building. (But in the second case, it still counts towards that player win condition.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santiago Eximeno
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If the bot builds a structure before the player, this structure will not be worth VP for the player, and the player hasn't access to its benefits (one more worker, its effect, etc.) but it counts for his win condition, exactly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify:

eximeno wrote:
1) For the bot each structure (include improvements as, for example, Bank) cost always two coins, not his Labor value.

I assume the bot places the 2 coins down (in 2 separate turns), then finally builds the structure on its 3rd turn of rolling that structure's dice number. (If it placed a 2nd coin and then could immediately place the structure, it would seem superfluous having to place the 2nd coin).

I've also come up with some easier/harder difficulty levels (easy to hard are identical to yours, just reworded slightly):

- SUPER-EASY: Same as Easy, except bot still has to build up 2 coins on a structure in order to build it if that structure has already been built by the player. Also, if the player builds a structure with bot coins on it, the player gets to take those bot coins for himself;

- EASY: Same as Normal, except the player starts with 2 coins;

- NORMAL: Player starts with 0 coins; bot wins if it builds 7 structures;

- HARD: Same as Normal, except the bot wins if it builds 6 structures;

- SUPER-HARD: Same as Hard, except if the player tries to build a structure with bot coins already on it, the player must pay an additional cost equal to the number of bot coins on that structure (bot coins are returned to the pot after player pays for such a structure, as usual).

What do you think? I've not tried these yet, but seems like those super-easy and super-hard levels should work...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santiago Eximeno
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
njshaw2 wrote:
Just to clarify:

eximeno wrote:

I assume the bot places the 2 coins down (in 2 separate turns), then finally builds the structure on its 3rd turn of rolling that structure's dice number. (If it placed a 2nd coin and then could immediately place the structure, it would seem superfluous having to place the 2nd coin).

No, my idea was that bot builds the structure on 2nd turn. Three turns to build a structure makes the game too easy to play for me.

njshaw2 wrote:

I've also come up with some easier/harder difficulty levels (easy to hard are identical to yours, just reworded slightly):

- SUPER-EASY: Same as Easy, except bot still has to build up 2 coins on a structure in order to build it if that structure has already been built by the player. Also, if the player builds a structure with bot coins on it, the player gets to take those bot coins for himself;

- EASY: Same as Normal, except the player starts with 2 coins;

- NORMAL: Player starts with 0 coins; bot wins if it builds 7 structures;

- HARD: Same as Normal, except the bot wins if it builds 6 structures;

- SUPER-HARD: Same as Hard, except if the player tries to build a structure with bot coins already on it, the player must pay an additional cost equal to the number of bot coins on that structure (bot coins are returned to the pot after player pays for such a structure, as usual).

What do you think? I've not tried these yet, but seems like those super-easy and super-hard levels should work...

I really like your two new levels! In fact, I'll try them today!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
eximeno wrote:
No, my idea was that bot builds the structure on 2nd turn. Three turns to build a structure makes the game too easy to play for me.

Ah, ok. So on the second turn the bot rolls that structure, they put a coin on then immediately put both coins back in the pot and build the structure? Is that what you mean? Why put the second coin down? Or did you just mean they had to have 1 coin down from a prior turn?

eximeno wrote:
I really like your two new levels! In fact, I'll try them today!

Thanks! Let me know how they play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santiago Eximeno
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not neccesary to add this second coin. On second turn simply remove the first coind and build the structure. It's an error for previous version of the rules, when build a structure costs Labor points, not only two coins.

Rules must say:

To build a bot's structure:
1) If the player has already built this structure, place a bot structure next to it.
2) If not, if there was previously a coin next to the label, remove it and build the bot's structure. If there was not a coin, place a coin (from the pot) next to the label.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santiago Eximeno
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nick, I want to submit to BGG a PDF formatted rules with this variant. Can I add your difficult levels to this rules (giving credit to you, of course)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
eximeno wrote:
Nick, I want to submit to BGG a PDF formatted rules with this variant. Can I add your difficult levels to this rules (giving credit to you, of course)?

Yes, of course, no problem! [EDIT] Though you might want to reword them to say 1 coin instead of 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santiago Eximeno
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santiago Eximeno
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You can download updated solo rules for

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/107095/my-little-provi...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.