Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Since every player is playing Polish heroes, is this a cooperative game, or are players fighting on different fronts and racing towards a conclusion?

Is the game more historical/educational, or is it more of a gamer's game at heart?

Will there be an English version at Spiel, as the cards look like they have lots of text.

Thank you so much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to hear more about this game as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Zuchowski
Poland
Lublin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grandslam wrote:
Since every player is playing Polish heroes, is this a cooperative game, or are players fighting on different fronts and racing towards a conclusion?

Is the game more historical/educational, or is it more of a gamer's game at heart?

Will there be an English version at Spiel, as the cards look like they have lots of text.

Thank you so much!

Hi guys,

we are finishing our works on "First to Fight" right now, and we're really, really busy with game, but more updates are coming to BGG from next week.

Answering your questions:

1. It's definitely not a cooperative game. The players compete and race for victory, earning Victory Points for successful missions. The clue is that you manage the neutral resources available on the board (and in this case the resources are... soldiers) to gather them in an appropriate number and at an appropriate time to fulfill the requirements of your mission cards. You must pay attention to the time track, since the missions are resolved chronologically, according to the real order in which they took place in history. And you don't know what missions your opponents have in their hands.

2. It is very accurate when it comes to details such as the names of the soldiers, their ranks, dates of missions, etc. so in this way you can call it an educational game. But still it's mainly a gamer's game with lots of options and choices to make.

3. The game will be released as a double-language edition, in Polish and English, and it will be available at Spiel 2014. The text on soldier cards and mission cards will be replaced with symbols, the only components with more text on them are neutral event card - they will contain both Polish and English text.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Sienko
Poland
Lublin
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Rulebook to "First to Fight" is here: boardgamegeek.com/filepage/106765
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan | In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Combat Commander series fan | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me! | Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
MichalSienko wrote:

Dziękuję!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyJJ wrote:
MichalSienko wrote:

Dziękuję!

Dziekuje za informacje.

(No I don't really know Polish that well, but my wife was born and raised there--and thus my obsession with all games having anything to do with Poland)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.