Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cameron Busby
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Silhouette: Stealth Operative (40 cards)

15 / 15 influence: •••••••••••••••

Event (16)

2 Account Siphon
1 Executive Wiretaps
1 Feint
2 Forged Activation Orders
2 Inside Job
2 Legwork
2 Modded ••••
1 Planned Assault
1 Satellite Uplink
2 Sure Gamble

Hardware (2)

2 Blackguard

Resource (7)

2 Compromised Employee
1 Kati Jones
1 Personal Workshop ••••
2 Same Old Thing
1 The Helpful AI ••

Icebreaker (8)

1 Alias
2 Corroder ••••
1 Deus X •
2 Faerie
2 Passport

Program (7)

1 Expert Schedule Analyzer
1 Grappling Hook
1 Pheromones
2 Sneakdoor Beta
2 Snitch

Snitch + Blackguard + 2 Compromised Employee is an absolute dream / nightmare.

Any thoughts/critiques?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Linnell
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
I really need a new badge, avatar, and overtext. GM me with any ideas....
badge
This is the seahorse valley
mb
Just shooting from the hip here, but it looks very slow to me. For starters, it looks like you've got a very limited econ engine. While you have roughly 10 econ cards in the deck, only Kati has any lasting power, and modded has anti-synergy with personal workshop. Account Siphon is account siphon, but without a good way to float tags, it isn't a great econ option. If you do manage to get enough money together to play your snitch and blackguard combo in short order, you need to find snitch and blackguard - with only 2x of each and no tutors this will be difficult. Same thing with the compromised employees - with no draw accelerator, getting one will be lucky, getting two will be unlikely. Lastly, once you have your combo, you still need to get the rest of your rig set up and be able to get in where necessary - and you don't have a solid econ plan to support running as necessary in the late game.

If you are really trying to get the Blackguard/Snitch/Comprimised Employee thing going, I would recommend you look at a baseline of:
3x Hostage
3x Compromised Employee
3x Blackguard
3x Snitch OR 1x Snitch and 3x program tutor of choice
Good influence spends would be Diesel/Pro Contacts and the best breakers you can find.
Load up on Econ, and run events like Feint.

Personally, if you're going to run Silhoutte, I don't think you necessarily need Snitch - drop the Snitch and focus on everything that gets you into HQ: Sneakdoor, Inside Job, Feint, Pheremones, Parasite, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeny Reznikov
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Also Lemuria Codecracker, since you're running HQ anyway, and more expose is a good thing in this deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Busby
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the feedback.

I can see your point about econ; it's definitely a weakness with this build. But I've found that making smart, timely runs can get you past ICE or at the very least, cause the Corp to fight for econ with you. Hopefully, that opens the door for Account Siphon and then you can set the tempo. Early runs are key with Silhouette (usually HQ very first click just to see if they rez, and if they don't you can expose what other ICE they laid out) and in lieu of raking in credits, I usually try to keep the pressure up to keep the Corp uneasy. I do hate wasting clicks to shake those tags from Account Siphon. Maybe Crash Space or Networking?

As for the whopping cost of Blackguard, Modded definitely helps and I've used PW once or twice to spit it out. Obviously not the most efficient means to get it out, so I take your point about putting in some draw accelerators (probably drop PW and throw in Diesel) to help finding it and Snitch and Compromised Employee. I originally had Hostage in this build, but ditched it for other pieces such as another FAO. Since it's only 40 cards, I usually can find the necessary pieces, but throwing in 2x Diesels will help ensure that.

Instead of a late game running plan fueled by econ and breakers, I rely on having my BG+Snitch+Compromised out at that point to force rez some ICE to cripple the Corp. By that time, my rig should be able to get past ICE at a reasonable cost, at least for centrals which is my main mission anyway.

Parting with Snitch would cripple this build, so I'm gonna keep it in there. I think its effect with BG is one of the most powerful in the game and can drive the Corp insane. If they have low credits, unrezzed ICE isn't so scary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.