Subject: ANN ARBOR WARGAMER Magazine rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roland NICOLAS
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello,

I have read on the grognard website that in issue#20 of Ann Arbor Wargamer Magazine was published some arreta for War of the Ring.

Does anyone have a copy of these errata, or an idea about these ?

Thanks a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Re: ANN ARBOR WARGAMER Magazine NAME "name"
Have you checked there under its title for what you sought? Grognard_com "Good luck, and we're ALL counting on you!" whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland NICOLAS
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Alas, yes. And I found lots of things that made me happy.

Except for this article written by Jonathan Warshay.

Thanks for your answer.

But after some research among the Google groups, i have found this which seems to "official" errata :

Search in Mordor is automatic (the player need not draw a card but spotting is still a dieroll). And the results of a search (that is, being spotted) remain in effect until the end of the game turn in which the search occurred. No more hiding in the next county. there are also things like -1 search modifiers if any character uses a road. +1 capture modifier if in rough or forest. Misty Passes also opens Gundabad and Carhadras.

LATER EDITION CLARIFICATIONS:

Addendum:
The results of being spotted remain in effect until the end of the game turn in which the search occurred.
Search in 'Gorgoroth' and 'Nurn' is automatic in that the Sauron player need not draw a card to search in Mordor.

Search Modifiers:
-1 DRM to Search rolls on character groups that used a road during movement.
+1 DRM to Capture rolls on character groups in a rough or forest hex.

The 'Misty Passes Open' card opens the Misty Passes and the hexsides marked Caradras and Mount Gundabad. Only characters may move through, counting them as 'pass' hexsides and paying all normal movement costs.

ERRATA:
It is not possible to Escape from Barad-dur.
Escape from Isengard is possible only by using 'Eagles!'
+1 DRM to Escape rolls for characters held at a citadel.
'Paths of the Dead' may only be traversed once.
Shadowfax may not enter Mordor..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Alta Loma
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to tell you, that's the first I've heard of that magazine. About the only thing I can do is pass on the following: It looks like it was published from the late 70's thorough the early 80's. It would seem that Noble Knight Games had issues of this several years ago, although they did not have issue #20. I haven't found another retailer with this magazine listed. Also there was an Ebay auction of issue #9 of October 1977 a few months ago.

Don't know if any of that really helps much, but that's about all I could find around the net, and that was pretty scant. Couldn't even find a picture of the cover of this magazine. So best of luck in your search, and if you do ever manage to come across the article, please do share with us any nuggets you may find for War of the Ring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.