Carlos Brito
Brazil
Niterói
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
Gaming Engine
mbmbmbmbmb
If you buy this game, are you buying only a rulebook? Isn't there anything else? There's no box, no parts, no board, no cards, nothing at all?

If so, all you have to get is a pdf file with the text of the rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Lucas
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
badge
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, pretty much. It's like going to the store and buying Dungeons and Dragons. You get just the book and supply everything else. In this case you want to supply some kind of coin or chips for wagers, paper and pencils, and a large quantity of alcohol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wallis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Adam is correct. The Extraordinary Adventures of Baron Munchausen is a story-game (arguably the first story-game): players create and tell stories according to the game's rules and their own imaginations. It doesn't use a board or cards--if you're looking for a story-based game that does then I recommend Tales of the Arabian Nights by Eric Goldberg or Once Upon a Time which I also designed. You will need a small number of tokens or coins, and you may find a well-stocked wine-cellar helpful.

The game is available as a PDF from DriveThruRPG or in print form from the usual online bookshops. People say it's as fun to read as it is to play, which is very gratifying though I am far too modest to agree with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cobcroft
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's okay - I'm a people and I agree with them.

We generally use either folded paper or index card as a nameplate (so we can remember who is which noble) and I've a fondness for foreign coins to use as chips in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.