Subject: Nostalgia? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Ellis
United States
Breaux Bridge
LA
flag msg tools
There is a strange feeling of nostalgia that draws me to this. When I was little, I tried making a Friday the 13th-themed game using playing cards. I would lay them out in different orientations to build different campground layouts. Seeing that mechanic in this game strikes a chord in me. Best of luck to the creators, and I hope to be playing District Z soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Gaskill
United States
Bridgeton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kids imaginations are a wonderful thing. I fashioned an entire
American Civil War Game from a deck of playing cards back in
the day.

Also looking forward to D-Z

OD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eric hess
United States
La Selva Beach (Santa Cruz)
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did the same thing with Friday the 13th!

We used different piles of playing cards for the cabins and the people/stuff in the cabins, and wrote names on all the face cards - names of friends and names of girls we wished were our friends... Jason was a joker and I think Freddy joined at one point as the other joker.

There were mechanics for fleeing from cabin to cabin, some sort of push your luck mechanic for flipping the cards over from top to bottom in each cabin and deciding what to do but if you flipped over Jason your turn (and life!) ended, etc.

Thanks for bringing up a very fond memory from 25 years ago!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug LaVigne
United States
Kennesaw
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad I won't have to use my imagination with this game! It pales in comparison to good themed artwork.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.