Firefly: The Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: No Limit Limitations? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Wood
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
When you take a job from Amnon Duul that says "Load passengers, No Limit", does that mean you can take on as many passengers as your ship can hold, or that you can take an infinite amount of passengers to your destination?
I'm leaning towards the former, but I wanted to see what anyone else had to say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Stim
United States
Harvest
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maverickx25 wrote:
When you take a job from Amnon Duul that says "Load passengers, No Limit", does that mean you can take on as many passengers as your ship can hold, or that you can take an infinite amount of passengers to your destination?
I'm leaning towards the former, but I wanted to see what anyone else had to say.

You can take as many as you have open spots for on your ship. Remember that Cargo, Contraband, Fugitives, Parts, and fuel take up space in your ship. For example, On Serenity you start with six fuel (3 spaces worth) and two parts (1 space worth), so you have eight spaces to put things in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't carry more passengers than will fit on your ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maverickx25 wrote:

How could anyone interpret that they can take an infinite amount i.e. empty the pool and then become a billionaire as you deliver them all ? Really ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
BeerAndBoard wrote:
Maverickx25 wrote:

How could anyone interpret that they can take an infinite amount i.e. empty the pool and then become a billionaire as you deliver them all ? Really ?

If designers would bother to write their rulebooks and card text more clearly and without holes, these questions wouldn't come up. Maverickx25 has the makings of a good playtester.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Although I agree that the rules could be clearer, I don't fully agree here.

1) The jobs DO say that you can load any number, but...

2) The rules also clearly indicate how much your ship can carry.

Without an additional exception, there's no reason to think #1 trumps #2. You can LOAD a zillion passengers. But you can only carry 12.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jude wrote:
BeerAndBoard wrote:
Maverickx25 wrote:

If designers would bother to write their rulebooks and card text more clearly and without holes, these questions wouldn't come up. Maverickx25 has the makings of a good playtester.

Absolute rubbish gulp. If you can't work out that drawing Patience's 'load unlimited passengers' as a starting job, being able to start from or near the Space Bazaar, arriving and loading ALL passengers (33 in my game), and then delivering them for a cool $9900 is fairy land stuff then head back to Snakes & Ladders people laugh.

And what Gwek said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.