Subject: Assault Questions (Regs) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A few questions regarding Regs and assaults:

1. When a stack rolls to close (or stand) during an assault and some of the lower units in the stack fail and disorder, do the disordered units displace prior to the assault or do they participate in the assault fire and melee as disordered units?

2. During the Assault Segment, can a unit participate in more than one melee in a turn as a reserve?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Doherty
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Ooh that's a good one. I don't think I've ever had that happen. They would displace in order to form a legal stack.

2. If they came out of the first melee OK and still eligible to be a reserve, i.e. not in a ZoI and in good order, then I suppose they could be summoned to fight another melee. Stars and planets need to align though :-)

Are you just thinking these up or are these actually happening in your game :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TerryD2010 wrote:
1. Ooh that's a good one. I don't think I've ever had that happen. They would displace in order to form a legal stack.

2. If they came out of the first melee OK and still eligible to be a reserve, i.e. not in a ZoI and in good order, then I suppose they could be summoned to fight another melee. Stars and planets need to align though :-)

Are you just thinking these up or are these actually happening in your game :-)

It actually happened! . Terry, I'm just not that creative!

In my Lutzen game, I had a defending reserve unit that moved up to help a melee firefight stalemate result where the already disordered Prussian attackers then rolled a 14 and then routed out of the melee. This left the defending reserve unit out of an EZOI.

On an adjacent Prussian assault against a stacked French battery and infantry unit (already disordered), the Prussians rolled another Firefight which then allowed the previous reserve unit to join the assault. The Prussians then rolled a 11 and routed away again! shake

The stacked morale question was just one I thought of as I rolled for Stand and Close with my Assault stacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But I am secretly pleased that I stumped you for a minute.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Doherty
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't mind being stumped as long as I don't have to write more rules to cover the case :-)

I think this is such a rare occurrence that we'll chalk it up to serendipity and the elan of those troops. Give them all a medal!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.