-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in absolute awe of many gorgeous Penny/Helinski editions like this one:

I also love the idea of a board serving as a hanging work of art when not in use, but having never played on one like this I'd love to hear thoughts from passionate players on how it impacts gameplay.

I'm especially keen to hear thoughts from folks that don't own a painted board themselves but have gotten to play on one, as I can only imagine that owners of such beautiful painted ones are a tiny bit biased.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Packard
United States
Palmdale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
I'm in absolute awe of many gorgeous Penny/Helinski editions like this one:

I also love the idea of a board serving as a hanging work of art when not in use, but having never played on one like this I'd love to hear thoughts from passionate players on how it impacts gameplay.

I'm especially keen to hear thoughts from folks that don't own a painted board themselves but have gotten to play on one, as I can only imagine that owners of such beautiful painted ones are a tiny bit biased.

I'm disappointed that no one has responded yet. I've had these same questions and thoughts for years but never thought to actually ask anyone about it.

I, too, am intrigued with and enjoy the look of very ornate Crokinole boards but I suspect I wouldn't like playing on them. I have a standard board now and foresee ordering a Helinski (or similar) board at some point.

Hopefully some helpful person will respond from the future to help enlighten us. Or invite us to play on their fancy board to find out for ourselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R.J.
United States
Citrus Heights
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yah... I am following this thread because I am really curious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.