Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Marano
United States
Nutley
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm about to pull the trigger and purchase my first Thunderstone title, and I could use some quick advice. I'm planning on playing the game strictly as a solo experience. I've got a reasonable amount of experience with deckbuilding games (own Dominion and most of its expansions), so I'm fairly certain I will enjoy it. For that reason I don't mind picking up an expansion along with the core set (TOR). My question: which expansion? From comments I've read here, it would seem that Caverns of Bane would be the best choice for solitaire play. Is that the most suitable choice? If so, would picking up any of the others provide substantial additional enjoyment over and above these two titles, again for solitaire play only?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justaguy Gaming
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Caverns of Bane is your best bet, if you are choosing between Bane and Corruption. It has more Thunderstone Bearers and the heroes are more suitable for solo play. Realize one thing that some cards don't necessarily function well in solo. Solitaire is an alternate/variant of a multiplayer game. I would recommend trying it out first before getting an xpac, but if you are confident, go for it. That said... I play Thunderstone, more times than I care to count, as a solo experience and love it. I have ToR, CoB, RoC, Starter, and WC. Hope you enjoy it, and happy dungeon crawling
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Marano
United States
Nutley
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks very much.
I had posted a different, but related question on the LOTR LCG forum seeking feedback on my conclusion that Thunderstone and LOTR LCG best met my criteria for a fantasy-oriented card game with really good solitaire play. It engendered some interesting debate about LOTR, but there seemed to be a more uniform view that Thunderstone was worth acquiring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike belliveau
Canada
st eustache
quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
smarano wrote:
Thanks very much.
I had posted a different, but related question on the LOTR LCG forum seeking feedback on my conclusion that Thunderstone and LOTR LCG best met my criteria for a fantasy-oriented card game with really good solitaire play. It engendered some interesting debate about LOTR, but there seemed to be a more uniform view that Thunderstone was worth acquiring.

Have you thought about Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K
Australia
Colonel Light Gardens
SA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dieseledge wrote:
Caverns of Bane is your best bet, if you are choosing between Bane and Corruption. It has more Thunderstone Bearers and the heroes are more suitable for solo play. Realize one thing that some cards don't necessarily function well in solo. Solitaire is an alternate/variant of a multiplayer game. I would recommend trying it out first before getting an xpac, but if you are confident, go for it. That said... I play Thunderstone, more times than I care to count, as a solo experience and love it. I have ToR, CoB, RoC, Starter, and WC. Hope you enjoy it, and happy dungeon crawling

What about Worlds Collide? It seems to have a large amount of content?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.