Bob Wooster
United States
Waterbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
"He who runs with aggression, walks without dignity."
mbmbmbmbmb
Suppose I have a 2CV elite unit and a 1CV unit in a battle and my opponent scores 2 hits. Am I allowed to apply one hit to the 1CV unit which destroys it, and let the other hit be soaked by the elite unit, or must I apply both hits to the elite unit which would destroy it?

The rules governing losses to mixed groups (margin pg. 12) don't seem to address this explicitly.

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty
msg tools
temujin1206 wrote:
The rules governing losses to mixed groups (margin pg. 12) don't seem to address this explicitly.

I think they do; they say "all hits must be applied," and the last paragraph talks about having to apply both hits to an elite unit instead of removing a 1CV unit on the first hit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Wooster
United States
Waterbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I agree, but was unsure because the last paragraph says "the 2nd hit may have been applied to the elite unit instead."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Fort Polk
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that last part says "..an ensuing second hit may have to be applied to an elite double step unit instead."
That part is saying that when you have regular and elite units together, youmust provisionally assign hits (you should do this all the time anyways) because you may have to combine an existing single hit with a future hit to ensure that 'no hits are wasted'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Wooster
United States
Waterbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you gentlemen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.