Kevin S-D
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A question about resolving the Iguana card on a hunt:

Is the Iguana killed (and are food and skin benefits reaped) if the text at the bottom of the card pushes the hunter's wound level to fatal?

N.B. I was playing solo and Friday was the hunter (accompanied by the dog), so his passing was not an automatic game-ender.

On p. 10 of the Z-Man rulebook, it appears that the text at the bottom of the card is intended to be applied after an animal has been butchered and skinned. But the "After the fight" wording in the rulebook's example is not included in the iguana card's text. I'm new to RC and I am intentionally NOT looking at cards unless they come up in play, so I don't know if this lack of "after the fight" wording is present in other cards.

My interpretation is that the iguana was killed, but that Friday received a nasty bite that became infected by the skin-puncturing cauldron of nasty bacteria soup that (according to a quick search of the internet) an iguana's mouth can accurately be classified as. I imagine Friday's death was painful and prolonged, but even if he expired before making it back to camp, the dog would have gamely carried on and brought the iguana's carcass back to camp for harvesting.

Other interpretations, especially those of an official nature, are most welcome.

Some more game-situation specifics for those who like such details: As mentioned above, I was playing solo. I sent Friday (who had one wound already) and the dog out on a hunt with a weapon level of 2. (Yes, I am cruel to Friday and I was desperate... a horrible combination.)

They encountered an iguana, whose strength-to-weapon comparison gave Friday two more wounds. The weapon level decrease did not result in any more wounds, but the text at the bottom did: "Regardless of your [weapon level], you get an additional [wound]." This last wound pushed poor Friday into Death's embrace, leaving me with the quandary now posed to the 'Geek.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Storgar The Viking
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's an interesting question, as you could take it that his extra wound was applied before or after he would have gotten back to the camp with the food. I also would be interested to know the answer to this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
The extra-wound is received after the Iguana is killed. You perform the aspects of the card from top (the chart) to bottom (the special effect).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex G
Canada
flag msg tools
Thematically, I guess it could mean dying of poison/infection after reaching camp with supplies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin S-D
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumon wrote:
The extra-wound is received after the Iguana is killed. You perform the aspects of the card from top (the chart) to bottom (the special effect).

A much-belated "thank you" for the clarification! Many thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.