Subject: clue after dark pact rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Philip Beaudet
United States
Manchester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
If I don't want to take the dark pact stated in the research card to get the clue is the clue token discarded? I don't see anything in the rules that deals with this specifically.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The clue remains until some game effect removes it or another research encounter awards it to a character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walts
Scotland
Kilwinning
flag msg tools
badge
Dune: The Dice Must Flow!
mbmbmbmbmb
fweepa wrote:
If I don't want to take the dark pact stated in the research card to get the clue is the clue token discarded? I don't see anything in the rules that deals with this specifically.

When posting a question, it's a good idea to mention the situation your in (on a city space having completed a Research [Clue] Encounter successfully), what card your looking at (all cards are of a type and have a number or title) or quote the EXACT text from the card.

In your case, the Clue stays where it is and can be encountered next round ... hopefully you'll get a better/easier Research Encounter!

Walts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Beaudet
United States
Manchester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
I was at sea. It was card 5. I was offered the clue and an artifact in exchange for a dark pact.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
When it doesn't say what to do with the clue (if you reject the offer/fail a roll/etc depending on card) ... you do nothing with the clue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Beaudet
United States
Manchester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Thanks for the input. However since there aren't many research cards I would be tempted to have a house rule of only one card per token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess you can make it as difficult as you want for yourselves with house rules.

But with only the base game, you will find that you occasionally need to recycle research cards even if you limit yourself to only one per clue token.

I, too, am terrified of Dark Pacts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.