Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! zombie

EDIT: 48 hours left. 82 free minis and 112 in the RM and Box of Zombies, assuming we hit the most recent SG.

Update includes rules for Zombivore miniatures as enemies. If you're not backing the project, you'll have to create your own spawn cards but, otherwise, the rules are right here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/zombicide...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: $2M SG: Twelve additional Zombivore miniatures!
Some people are so lacking in giving the 'benefit of the doubt' that when zombivors weren't initially included there was great gnashing of teeth. Now, once again, we see that there is a method to the madness, as we not only get the zombivors, but we get a whole new way of playing them 'as zombies bosses' (especially nice for people who weren't using them as extended survivors). Way to go GG/CMON!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
I like that they have (finally) included zombie bosses.
But I just read the rules and man, they are underwhelming. And letting you loot any weapon from the deck, really?!?!

I'm tired of sounding like a whining asshole about this game so I'll say no more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the game's easy enough to tweak, so you could use a random draw. Ideally, I'd like the BGG variant where each Zombivore has their own special powers and equipment drop (ie. weapons that match the sculpt), but can see how fiddly that could get, unless you determined the Zombivores ahead of time (eg. only use the Zombivores in Rue Morgue when playing a Rue Morgue scenario).

As someone who's played Arkham Horror, I'm used to making unofficial game changes. I think if you officially use all the small cards from all the expansions, the Unique items deck is a foot tall...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Skeletor wrote:
But I just read the rules and man, they are underwhelming. And letting you loot any weapon from the deck, really?!?!

I'm tired of sounding like a whining asshole about this game so I'll say no more.

We've had zombie bosses from the beginning, but they weren't boss enough. Now, we have zombie bosses again and they aren't quite right. Whatever it is people think zombie bosses should be is what they need to create for themselves, otherwise they'll never be satisfied.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadges by request, geekmail me for details!
mb
Mr Skeletor wrote:

I guess it's a reward for taking one down, but I think I'd prefer to maybe draft five cards and pick one rather than take anything I want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Price
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
It is pitch black.
badge
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Skeletor wrote:

I appreciate it, though. Keeps me from having to be all negative. cool

I'm convinced that the expansions thing for Zombicide has run its course. I'm in this one for the tiles and a few of the minis; I hope future releases are limited to tile sets and scenarios (perhaps campaigns).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Petersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
Personally I think I'll houserule it to "Draw item cards until either a weapon or an Aargh! card is drawn, shuffle the rest into the item deck."
Gives a weapon most times, but some times you didn't quite kill the zombivor when you started looting him/her. ^^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
tuderen wrote:
Personally I think I'll houserule it to "Draw item cards until either a weapon or an Aargh! card is drawn, shuffle the rest into the item deck."
Gives a weapon most times, but some times you didn't quite kill the zombivor when you started looting him/her. ^^

That's hilarious. Here's a push your luck version. (:

Draw an item card. If it's an Aargh! card (or other neutral or negative effect), it takes effect. Otherwise, you may take the item card, or discard it and make another draw. (You may not take a discarded card.)

"The double-uzi's were out of ammo. But we got... beans."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Aldrich
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: $2M SG: Twelve additional Zombivore miniatures (unlocked)
This was an awesome stretch goal... the zombivors are great minis and I love that they can be used as enemies now. I bet the zombivor haters that sold their minis on ebay are kicking themselves now!!

I think I will use them in my personalized 'campaign mode'. Play several games with a group of survivors; if a survivor dies, he is a zombivor for the rest of that game. Subsequent games he or she is replaced with a new survivor and his zombivor mini is placed into the pool of zombivors (zombie bosses), using the deck in this pack (may come back to fight his friends).

Gives one the true feeling of their friend passing into full on zombie!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Haglund
Sweden
Göteborg
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:
Zombivore

I have to apologise in advance, I don't usually like to correct others on spelling, but this is pretty funny to me.

It's Zombivor, not Zombivore.

Zombivor is a portmanteau of zombie and survivor, meaning a survivor that's turned into a zombie.

Zombivore would mean someone/something that eats zombies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
455_PWR wrote:
This was an awesome stretch goal... the zombivors are great minis and I love that they can be used as enemies now. I bet the zombivor haters that sold their minis on ebay are kicking themselves now!!

Probably not, it's just as easy to use the survivor miniatures to represent Zomivors

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.