Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Eisbrenner
United States
Muskego
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance we can preorder our copies for gencon pick up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Cardone
United States
Salem
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes please
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J├╝rgen Mayer
Germany
Nuremberg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question! I'll inquire and let you know as soon as I know more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Jury
msg tools
designer
mb
Hey all,

We weren't planning on doing this; it's one extra step of logistics that we'd rather avoid, as we have a bunch of other convention-related logistics that are growing in scope this year.

We'll have mail order sales shortly after Gen Con, and Shinobi Clans should be in stores by early September as well!

I'd love to hear why you'd like to pre-order and then pick up? Is it to be guaranteed a copy? To worry less about your budget at the show itself? To spend less time in the exhibitor's hall and more time playing games?

If there's demand, this is something we could look at in the future, but I'd love to know the motivations behind it!

cheers,
Adam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Eisbrenner
United States
Muskego
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Adam

It's actually all the things you listed plus not paying shipping costs. Some of us have events right when the exhibit hall opens on Thursday and it's a tough trade off of enjoying an event you can't do normally and buying the games you want. Preorder takes the stress off but I also I know the logistics can be very tough for companies. Either way I appreciate that you interested in knowing the demand. I had one company use some words to tell me too bad so sad. That made me decide to avoid their booth.

So props to you guys for caring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Jury
msg tools
designer
mb
Thanks for the answer -- it makes total sense. I don't think we'll be ready to do that this year, but maybe next year we can make that work!

I don't know how late your Thursday-morning events run, but I'm confident we won't sell out in the first few hours. And if we do, we made a major misjudgement in how many copies to bring to the show. ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Eisbrenner
United States
Muskego
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's just till 11 hopefully. Look forward to visiting your booth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.