flag msg tools
publisher
http://www.eggrules.com/games/games-d-l/gallerist-the/
badge
US Sales Manager for Eagle-Gryphon Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Info

Fleet
2-4 players (can go up to 6 with charter boats)
45 - 60 minutes

I was invited to Kantcon in Overland Park, KS to demo some great games for Eagle & Gryphon games, one of those games was Fleet with Fleet: Arctic Bounty. I demoed Fleet: Arctic Bounty once over the weekend to three excited gamers, whom had played the base game before.

I set up the game using the following:

Char license
Tuna license
Shrimp license
Salmon license
Pacific Oyster license
Canadian DFO license
Marina license
Crewmen
Tug Boats
Crabs
Trophies
Gone Fishing

For this game, I was joined by Kevin, Steed, and Alden. We used the Fleet die to decide first player. Steed won the roll.

The first auction offered up was for a couple char licenses, tuna, and salmon. Steed put an opening bid on the char, which he won. The other char license went up for auction next, which I won. This first round everyone got a license.

We all continued to build up our fleets, acquiring licenses, hiring captains, catching fish, etc. I won the first Trophy for catching 15 fish crates. I was also able to get a crab meeple for filling my char boat up first!

By the end of the game, we all had large fleets, catching several fish crates. We knew that the game was drawing to a close as the crates were getting very low. Alden acquire a license that gave him a crewman that allowed him to fish, but wouldn't allow any other players to fish for that turn. Acquiring this crewman for, what we knew was the last round, was a great stroke of luck! Alden was able to catch every last fish in the sea, ending the game!

This game was extremely close!

Kevin 59
Steed 61
Jason 63
Alden 74
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alden Schoeneberg
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It helped that I used my Salmon License to increase my catches the last two to three rounds.

I love this game! It's one of my favorites. Thanks Jason for facilitating this game at KantCon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Grantz
United States
Bel Aire
Kansas
flag msg tools
publisher
http://www.eggrules.com/games/games-d-l/gallerist-the/
badge
US Sales Manager for Eagle-Gryphon Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for playing Alden! I had a great time!

CapoBro wrote:
It helped that I used my Salmon License to increase my catches the last two to three rounds.

I love this game! It's one of my favorites. Thanks Jason for facilitating this game at KantCon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.