http://www.eggrules.com/games/games-d-l/gallerist-the/
badge
US Sales Manager for Eagle-Gryphon Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Info

Triassic Terror
2-6 players
120 minutes

I was invited to Kantcon in Overland Park, KS to demo some great games for Eagle & Gryphon games, one of those games was Triassic Terror. I demoed Triassic Terror twice over the weekend to several excited gamers, whom had never played the game before.

Both of these demoed games were some of the most brutal games of Triassic Terror I've ever played. The first session took place at 3:30pm on July 18th. For this games, I was joined by another Jason, Bill, Amanda, Ashli, and Greg. I explained all the six different actions in the game and did the classic die roll for first player.

In the beginning of the game, everyone started out with a herd of dinos in the swamp environment. Amanda, who was playing green, had an interesting strategy for this game. One that I've never seen before as she was determined to play extremely aggressively. She immediately went for the raptors in the first turn, and almost every other turn. I turned out to be her first target.

Using the raptors, without remorse, Amanda started eating and scattering as many dinos as she could! Turn after turn, the Raptors were the only action she'd take, unless some else had gotten to it before her, in which case she'd grab the T-Rex!

After the first of two scoring phases in a 6 player game, I had one very small herd that scored 3 points, the other Jason scored 12, Amanda had 10, Ashli with 8, Greg also scored 10, and Bill jumped out in the lead with 26.

As we continued growing our herds, Amanda still tried to eat as many as she could! By games end, Bill managed to stay ahead and win the game with 49 points.

The second session happened on July 19th again in the 3:30pm time slot. This intense game had a full group of friends sign up to play. It was really nice being able to teach the game to a full compliment of 6 new players!

Jonathan, Zach, Alex, Matt, Andrea and Kanau. In the first couple of rounds, Andrea built up a stronghold in the swamp with a herd of 5 or 6 dino disks (worth 3 dinos each).

This was a fun group, that loved to go after each other herds. In fact, this group started using their volcano tokens on each other pretty early in the game. They were using the tokens to wipe out some very small herds or just to block other players from growing herds in certain areas. It was very entertaining to watch just how cutthroat these friends were to each other.

In the end, Alex won by getting lucking enough to have herds survive in each of the environments and having the most dinos in certain environments, scoring him some nice end of game bonus points! The best part for me was hearing how much everyone enjoyed playing the game. It's very rewarding to get to introduce a great new game to people and hearing how much they enjoyed it afterwards.

Alex 58
Zach 34
Jonathan 47
Matt 28
Andrea 29
Kanau 36

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Triest
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That pterodactyl is super sweet. Who blinged your game out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't that the promo start player marker which you can buy in the BGG store (the pterodactyl I mean).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek
United States
Greencastle
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think a single dinosaur listed lived during the Triassic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Grantz
United States
Bel Aire
Kansas
flag msg tools
publisher
http://www.eggrules.com/games/games-d-l/gallerist-the/
badge
US Sales Manager for Eagle-Gryphon Games
mbmbmbmbmb
philtrees wrote:
That pterodactyl is super sweet. Who blinged your game out?

Yep, as freddieyu pointed out, The pterodactyl piece I'm using is the start player promo from the BGG store. I think it's more fun to use the giant pterodactyl piece on the board to fly around and eat up the other herds!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bionic badger
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
din0derek wrote:

The game spans the entire Mesozoic era: the Cretaceous, the Jurassic, and the Triassic.

The alliteration makes for a better name for marketing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek
United States
Greencastle
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bionicbadger wrote:
din0derek wrote:

The game spans the entire Mesozoic era: the Cretaceous, the Jurassic, and the Triassic.

The alliteration makes for a better name for marketing

I see. This makes more sense. I guess I'm not the guy to hire for marketing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.