Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom O'Neill
United States
Pacific
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has someone tried to play this on Formula D tracks? I havent looked at it yet. The only thing would be pits. But you could use ghost sectors on the inside of the track I imagine.

What do you think, is it possible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These tracks are made for a different mechanic. They have uneven sectors and other features that would make it painstaking to convert for use in Thunder Alley.

The boards from Daytona 500 and Detroit Cleveland Grand Prix should work fine though, just use the un-paved area on the inside of the course as the pits and align the pitting car with the active sectors
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
You get 4 tracks with the game ... and I can smell already a P500 for a track pack meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PzVIE wrote:
You get 4 tracks with the game ... and I can smell already a P500 for a track pack meeple

Do you use the same Race Cards and Event Cards for all the track?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Slotracer wrote:
PzVIE wrote:

Do you use the same Race Cards and Event Cards for all the track?

Yes.

But I think the track in this game is not as important than in other car racing games (like Formule D or Speed Circuit). Although I'm saying this without having played a single game - but this will change shortly. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The track actually has a pretty big effect on the game. The short track is nasty, as you can lap or be lapped quite easily. The road track narrows to one lane at one point, creating a choke point which can really frustrate your plans to pass with your car(s). Other tracks have more lanes, opening up more options. Every track plays a bit differently from the other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Schrieber
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Another problem with Formula D tracks is that you'd be playing for 6 or 7 days.

I don't know if there will be any further tracks released by GMT. They stated pretty early that they were including all 4 (initially it was 2) and the game would be considered "complete." That's not to say they can't change their mind.

I was a little disappointed on "the pyramid" track. The initial intent was to include turns similar to both the short track and the super speed way, similar to how Pocono was built to represent corners from 3 other tracks. Also, I thought there'd be different numbers of lanes on the various straight sections to add some variety.

I think GMT could do 2 more, possibly 4 more tracks, but the mechanics of the game aren't such that one track is more or less challenging than others like is the case with Formula D. It's more about how you play your hand, your team, and varying your strategy. They change how the game plays, but they don't change the complexity.

I find Thunder Alley to be much more challenging than Formula De.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
garry_rice wrote:
The track actually has a pretty big effect on the game. The short track is nasty, as you can lap or be lapped quite easily. The road track narrows to one lane at one point, creating a choke point which can really frustrate your plans to pass with your car(s). Other tracks have more lanes, opening up more options. Every track plays a bit differently from the other.

All tracks make a difference on play--especially the Velodrome one and the smaller twisty track that has one curve in that goes down to a single lane.

I am hoping in a C3i for another track map. Or a P500 of at least another mounted board with two tracks on it.

I really hope this game is selling well. The game has been flying off the shelves at my FLGS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Heckman
United States
Clermont
FL
flag msg tools
badge
Mr. Yuk sez, "Play more games!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Speed Circuit Tracks could be used with some minor house ruling for the corners where spaces can be staggered in SC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly the tracks take a backseat to smart team management. The box is also plenty heavy as it is

That being said, perhaps a track with more variance in the number of lanes would be interesting.

Cameron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom O'Neill
United States
Pacific
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aint that the truth.
We were playing on the super speedway. And 2 guys linked there cars and just flew around the track. I got lost on the track and my cars got left out of any lines. And they were spread out. 2 got lapped before the first lap was done. A yellow saved the other 2.

A valuable lesson was learned during that game.

Anyway, I would love to see 4 more tracks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
trianglemoon wrote:

I don't know if there will be any further tracks released by GMT. They stated pretty early that they were including all 4 (initially it was 2) and the game would be considered "complete." That's not to say they can't change their mind.

I've got two custom vectorized tracks I've made in the past (One is the Brickyard) which could easily be translated to Thunder Alley with the addition of a pit area.

I've never done a kickstarter type thing before though and wouldn't know where something like that would start, or if it would even be worth it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom O'Neill
United States
Pacific
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why dont you take orders a produce them as you get orders. Wouldnt be a print and play type thing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.