Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel van de Laar
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Twenty years ago, I probably wouldn't be asking anyone to check over my work and see that it makes sense. But before I go ahead and order parts, I wouldn't mind someone else who knows a thing or two about electronics to peek over this bicolor LED mod I drew up this evening.

Forgive me if it doesn't look all that great, I was using schemelt for the first time, and they didn't have bicolor LEDs the last time I worked out a schematic. (Do we even do Nodal Analysis anymore?)

Anyway, the way I want this to work is with a rocker Double Pole, Double Throw with an off setting, determining which color to turn on (Green or red in this case). The LED I picked has different voltages forward depending on whether your turning on the Red or Green LED, so figuring for two 2032 3.2 batteries in series, (6.4 V altogether), and keeping to the prescribed 10 mA spec'd for the diodes, I figure the resister values should be what I have there - as I am wiring them in series by way of the DPDT switch.

But I haven't done this sort of thing since Reagan was in office, so another set of eyes wouldn't hurt.

Thanks in advance Mr. Internetz

DANVAN
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel van de Laar
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
C'mon, I know there must be some techies amongst the trekkies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trav
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Forwarded this to one of my EE buddies and his response was:

"Should be fine, he can tweak the resistors to get the desired brightness."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel van de Laar
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bbqsandwich wrote:
Forwarded this to one of my EE buddies and his response was:

"Should be fine, he can tweak the resistors to get the desired brightness."

Thanks friend. That was my main concern. I had considered a couple of variable resistors to dim/brighten it, but that might be overkill. I may also forgo the bicolor LEDs and just use mono-colored LEDS wired up the same way - gives me more freedom to tailor the brightness.

Probably going to order the parts from digikey in the next week.

Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Progressive Gamer
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Could some please help with LEDs and resisters.
I have some green LEDs. That are 2.1 volts - 30mA - 630mcd. What I need to know is what type of resister would I need if I use a CR2032?
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.