http://www.eggrules.com/games/games-d-l/gallerist-the/
badge
US Sales Manager for Eagle-Gryphon Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Info

Rococo
2-5 players
120 minutes

I was invited to Kantcon in Overland Park, KS to demo some great games for Eagle & Gryphon games, one of those games was Rococo. I demoed Rococo twice over the weekend to several excited gamers, whom had never played the game before.

The first session was on July 18th at 6pm. I was joined by Greg and Drew. Rococo has some aspects of both deck building and area control wrapped up in a theme that I love explaining to people. In this game, I played red, Drew played green, and Greg played yellow.

Money can be tight in this game, if you don't give yourself a little room in the beginning by either selling an expensive dress, and/or funding the fountain decorations. The top level fountain scores you a bonus $1 for every decoration you fund. The bottom level scores you an extra $1 for every dress you rent out to the hall. I usually try and set out to do both in the first day.

Drew made the first dress of the game and rented it out to the fourth hall. I had made the second dress right after to sell, which also gave me the funds to make another dress on my next turn. Soon Greg was getting in on the dress making action, renting out his dress to a ball goer in the first hall.

The three of us had our various dresses rented out all over the kings court. Drew was able to get the first bonus for having a dress in all 5 halls. I worked on getting the most dresses in the top hall and funding the most fireworks.

At the end of the 7th day, it was time for the Louis XV's royal ball! After adding up our scores, I managed to get 70 points winning the game and becoming the greatest dress maker in all the land!

Jason 70
Drew 58
Greg 54

The second game of Rococo on on July 19th at 6pm. This was my last demo of Kantcon. This game was a two player game between Josh and myself. Josh played purple and I played red.

Josh caught on to this game very quickly. The interesting thing was in this game that both Josh and I, hired several new employees. That wasn't a strong focus in the first demo session, but building up our employee deck in this game was.

Playing through the 7 days leading up to the ball, Josh was making dresses like crazy. He also was able to get some good employee combinations with the bonus actions!

By games end, Josh had obliterated me 91 to 67! I had a blast playing this game and so did Josh. He told me, that he signed up for the event after seeing how excited everyone was playing it on Friday and that convinced him to give it a shot! It was a great game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Kindree
Canada
Waterdown
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you totally should have used this game as an excuse to tell people that there are rumours that some celebrities are heavily into boardgames and work closely with publishers as silent backers, and some publishers may have put their likeness into the games that they have been most heavily invested in. And then change the topic.

Sure, it might not be true, but if you phrase it correctly, you're not saying it is, simply what COULD be true. And once a person looks at the Masters and has been told by well-timed "random" passerby "Hey, doesn't that look like a caucasian 16th century version of Snoop-Dogg?", it will gnaw on them for a long time. Good times....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Sanders
United States
Henderson
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
DNA results:English, Dutch, Irish, German, French, Iberian Peninsula = 100% American!
mbmbmbmbmb
FreezenFire wrote:
I think you totally should have used this game as an excuse to tell people that there are rumours that some celebrities are heavily into boardgames and work closely with publishers as silent backers, and some publishers may have put their likeness into the games that they have been most heavily invested in. And then change the topic.

Sure, it might not be true, but if you phrase it correctly, you're not saying it is, simply what COULD be true. And once a person looks at the Masters and has been told by well-timed "random" passerby "Hey, doesn't that look like a caucasian 16th century version of Snoop-Dogg?", it will gnaw on them for a long time. Good times....

OK, a thumb and geek gold for being very original in your post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.