Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Shegda
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon says 2-5 players and here it says 3-5 players. 2p possible with this game? If so does it work?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob

Tennessee
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Never tried two players. We usually pay with five, which is great.
Two may be possible, but I doubt it would be very practical (or fun).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wendigo song
United States
Claymont
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The 2-Player variant I came up with that actually works great is that each player starts off with an extra influence marker (up from 3) and they get a 4 card caucus (up from 3.)

Firstly, the extra influence marker works really well because it makes it so that if Jared Ingersol is the first card played then in theory the article can be passed either yea or nay without going through the motions until you get decent cards.

Secondly, the 4 card caucus works great because that way it allows you a lot more leeway to make well thought out actions against your opponent. You can have 4 delegates of the same bias speak at the debates, or if you decide to fish around till you get 4 members of a state delegation and cast an entire delegation's vote at once. It also makes overriding your opponent a lot easier and causes players to have to pay closer attention to the opponent's had to see the states their caucus represents as well as the bias. If you play the delegate whose card lets you draw your caucus +1 you'd then be able to draw your caucus up 5 cards per round with this variant. The only issue with drawing an extra card is that the deck depletes faster and you end up having to shuffle more frequently per round.

I've played several games this way and the results have been a lot of fun and it elevates the strategy that goes into it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.