2x Mimic (Core)
2x Yog.0 (Core)

Resource: (10)
2x Scrubber (A Study in Static)
3x Liberated Account (Trace Amount)
2x Mr. Li (Future Proof) ■■ ■■
2x Xanadu (Humanity's Shadow)
1x Kati Jones (Humanity's Shadow)

Was looking at swapping out FOA for cyber threat. Trying to get my cards down to 45 and make more effective use of my influence when I drop FOA. Any suggestions how to make this work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hopkins
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Initial thought is... How come no Vamp? It's one of the best events for resource denial (possibly outside of Account Siphon). You can Vamp the corp down to 0 then run with impunity on their remotes. Possibly Crescentus would fit in there as well? I'm not sure, I don't have much experience playing Reina.

I actually think Scrubber might be interesting at the moment, I think we're going to see lots of asset heavy decks with the arrival of NBN: Near Earth Hub (I know I've got one planned).

How does the deck play? The weakness I think these Reina resource denial decks have is corp decks with lots of low cost ICE and traps; if the corp knows you're going to run into a Snare! they won't rez the ice that's draining them of money. Do you struggle with card draw, is that why Mr Li is in there? I think you might be going a little overboard on breakers as well, if you have 3 Knight you can maybe afford to be a little lighter on backups.

(To be honest, I'd also be tempted to keep the FAO instead of Cyber Threat as I'm not exactly sure how good that card will be... but if you like it, sure, go for it.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Saldanha
Portugal
Loures
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've tried this kind of deck, first with Reina and then with Whizzard.
Main problem is maintaining more credits w/o having to go for Account Syphon. And that's almost impossible. And with ASyphon you'll burn all your INF so no more cool toys to bring into your deck.

For starters you'll need to add Same Old Thing, if you want to destroy ICE with FAO.

Other change I'd make is to include Clone Chips to play around Para-Suckers and destroy cheap ICE like Ice Walls and Quandary.

I don't see the need to play Mr. Lee and E3 Implants, I'd only play E3 if Overmind is present, since it isn't I don't understand why burning 2 slots and 4 INF in a card that would save 1 credit from Knight. Not worth it.

I've also tested Blackguard with Reina. Pretty expensive and doesn't work that well. Snitch can see some play in this type of deck.

And as the previous user said, Crescentus is a great card to play in this kind of deck. You drop Knight, run, move Knight into another target and use Crescentus.

So, with this in mind, for your INF:
3x FAO
3x Clone Chip
3x Crescentus

Also:
3x Same Old Thing

I would consider Vamp but I dislike that card.
And I'd cut the number of breakers to the essential, since the main plan of the deck is trashing ICE.

Oh, and try to put some multi-access Virus and DemoRuns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
KC
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
I like Security Testing in Reina. Reina's ability hampers rezzing ice, and Parasite helps you clear out servers so you can more easily use it. It "stacks" with Medium/Nerve Agent (in that you still get the virus counter even when you're just Testing). It's reusable and less influence than Account Siphon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Walter
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
the e3 were still in from a previous concept and needed to be dropped. I also took out the cyberfeeders and added same old thing and 1 account siphon. Will see how that works, crescentus seems good but is in a different deck i have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wray
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
And as the previous user said, Crescentus is a great card to play in this kind of deck. You drop Knight, run, move Knight into another target and use Crescentus.

I don't think Crescentus works that way. If I understand correctly, you have the option to use Crescentus only immediately after breaking the subs. If you take a click to move Knight, you have passed your opportunity.

The good news is that Knight doesn't get trashed upon derez, so you can leave it there to threaten that ICE, or move it later to somewhere it might be needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
KC
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
In my experience you almost have to move it away same turn, or else they'll just shrug and trash the derezzed ice hosting Knight. Cutting their losses, sorta.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wray
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agent Archer wrote:
In my experience you almost have to move it away same turn, or else they'll just shrug and trash the derezzed ice hosting Knight. Cutting their losses, sorta.

Sounds like revenge. Doesn't gain them anything (the ICE is still unrezzed), but you are minus one Knight. I can see them doing that if the ICE was really expensive to rez and now they want to replace with something they can rez and cost you a program at the same time.

The funny part is it turns the chess pieces into psuedo-parasites, and the Corps are doing the work for you! I think in the end it's still in the Corp's best interest to give you more ICE do deal with rather than fewer, but psychology is a funny thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
KC
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
Sure, it depends on the ice, but think about this. You've lost 2 cards, 2+ clicks (install Knight [and host if you lack Deep Red], install Crescentus) and probably 5+ credits (install cost of Knight, install cost of Crescentus, break 1 sub). They've lost 1 card, 2 clicks (install trashed ice, install new ice), and rez cost + install cost. It's quite possible they're ahead in that trade, especially if Knight was your way in to that server (say you don't have Yog yet, and they can replace the derezzed ice with another Code Gate). I'd much prefer to just Parasite an ice I want gone rather than Knight+break+Crescentus to get the Corp to trash it. Generally I'm only bothering to derez something in order to force the Corp to re-rez it and lose credits to Reina's ability. If they don't pay to re-rez it, it seems like they're getting off easy, especially if I lose a useful Knight in the process. (I say "useful Knight" because there are certainly times I don't mind losing the Knight! But there are also times where I'll be forced to dig for a breaker if I lose my Knight.)

I guess we can just say it depends greatly on board state, and you're looking at it in a glass-half-full kind of way and I'm not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Almeida
msg tools
mbmb
I've been playing Anarch credit denial for months (since Opening Moves was released), so I believe I can help.

The main issue with credit denial is: you can't keep the Corp poor forever, so you have to be fast. The first thing that call my atention in your deck is that it is really slow.

Your economy is pretty bad, as Cyberfeeder and Kati Jones take too much time to worth the credits you spend to play them. You have to focus on burst economy (like Easy Mark and Sure Gamble) and cheap steady economy (like Armitage Codebusting and Desperado) to take the most from the early game.

You also have no way to abuse open centrals in turn 1. No Nerve Agent, no Vamp, no Medium, etc. I can't imagine myself playing without (at least) Medium. And I can't stress enough about how important is Nerve Agent against fast advance decks.

The third problem I see is that you seem to be too worried about consistency. Keep in mind that Netrunner is a game where you have 1 "free" mulligan and can draw 4 cards per turn. You don't need 3 copies of of all these cards. Think about the times where you'll need something useful and you'll draw a Queen's Gambit with no remote or a Deep Red when you already have one installed.

Anarch is the most versatile faction in the game, and your deck should reflect that. It keeps the Corp lost about what should be their next move.

Summing it up, you're thinking too much about "resource denial" and you're forgeting to think about stealing agendas. You don't need to deny all credits, you need to deny enough credits to make the Corp poor. Poor, just poor, not "as miserable as possible".

At last, I think that playing resource denial without Joshua B./Data Leak Reverse is a bad idea. Joshua B. is a Rachel Beckman that costs 7 less credits and costs no influence, and its only flaw (giving you tags) have full sinergy with your strategy (keeping the Corp poor will leave them no credits to trash your resources).

I'm at work right now, but if I recall correctly, this is my current decklist, so you can have an idea of what I'm talking about. Hope it helps.

ID - Whizzard, Master Gamer
Icebreakers - 2x Knight, 2x Corroder, 1x Mimic, 1x Overmind, 1x Yog.0
Programs - 3x Parasite, 2x Medium, 2x Nerve Agent, 1x Datasucker
Hardwares - 1x Plascrete Carapace, 1x Spinal Modem
Resources - 3x Armitage Codebusting, 3x Joshua B., 2x Data Leak Reverse, 2x Joshua B., 1x Fall Guy
Events - 3x Lucky Find, 3x Sure Gamble, 2x Deja Vu, 2x Demolition Run, 2x Dirty Laundry, 2x Inside Job, 2x Quality Time, 1x Vamp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.